Visit the official event website https://www.facebook.com/huaweidevice or the official mobile site http://unlockpossibilities.mobi/huaweiholiday2014/ during the specified promotion period, participate in HUAWEI’s ‘Unlock Possibilities’ event (from here referred as ‘event’) to earn points and use them to unlock gift boxes for the chance to win exciting HUAWEI products. What’s more, everyone who enters can have the chance to win the final grand prize – an awesome luxury car! (Gift categories both real and virtual as well as quantities and values are subject to information published on the game “prize set”.)
Notice: this event is based on the principle of fairness, in the event of malicious behavior on the part of a contest entrant, the sponsor retains the right to cancel an entrant’s eligibility to win.
1. How to Enter:
a) PC Version:
HUAWEI Global homepage:
Visit the URL https://www.facebook.com/huaweidevice , and click on the game application (in the tab controls), after clicking, a prompt will appear asking if you have yet ‘Liked’ the HUAWEI local page (entrants who have already ‘Liked’ HUAWEI on Facebook will not see this prompt). If you have not ‘Liked’ HUAWEI local page, you will routed directly to it before being sent back to the game application page. Once you are successfully registered, you will be awarded with a half key (and the code attributed to it) automatically, allowing you to begin playing, in which you’ll earn credit in a number of ways.
HUAWEI Local homepage: Visit the local HUAWEI page and find the button directing you to the ‘Liking’ page in the tab controls. After ‘Liking’ the local HUAWEI page, you will be able to return to the Global page and open the application, and be authorized to enter the event page. Once you are successfully registered, you will be awarded with a half key (and the code attributed to it) automatically, allowing you to begin playing, in which you’ll earn credit in a number of ways.
Scan the QR code or log in your Facebook account, enter the mobile application. A reminder will tell the user to enter the Facebook link and login. Users will then be prompted to ‘Like’ the local HUAWEI page to be able to enter the mobile application. Once you are successfully registered, you will be awarded with a half key (and the code attributed to it) automatically, allowing you to begin playing, in which you’ll earn points and credit in a number of ways.
2. Game Guide:
Choose a gift box to unlock by clicking the gift box icon. After you’ve snatched your gift box, the rolling gift image will freeze to display the gift being played for. At this time, a reminder will appear on the left-hand side of the gift box for the player to unlock the gift box, at which point their mouse cursor will turn into a key. Click the key to unlock (each key comes with three chances to unlock), but keep in mind that each attempt costs 200 credits. During the unlocking process, the icon on the left will start to roll. When the rolling stops, one of two things will happen:
a) If the icon on the left matches the one on the top of the gift box, you will need to invite a friend to participate in the final unlocking. Using your Facebook account, invite friends from the drop-down list, then select from your friends that accepted the invitation to begin unlocking the box together. As before, the icon on the right will start to roll. If all three icons match when the rolling stops, you both have successfully unlocked the gift box and are the winners of the prizes indicated in the icons. Your friend will automatically be informed, and you both will be able to claim your prize together. If the icons do not match however, you can always try again with a new gift box and 200 credits. The friend that you invited to participate also has three opportunities to unlock the third face of the box.
b) If the icons do not match, unlocking the gift box is unsuccessful and you will be asked to try again.
3. Earning credits
Players can earn in-game credit by taking part in the following activities:
a) 1000 credits: Scan the QR code found on the leaflet Below the Line – available wherever HUAWEI products are sold – with the camera on your mobile phone (QR codes are valid one-time only).
b) 1000 credits: Install the event application to your social media account with access to images, contact lists and email addresses.
c) 100 credits/person: Invite your Facebook friends to register and take part in the game (one successful invitation means your friend accepts your invitation and pick up gift box) (limited to 5 referrals per day)
d) 500 credits: Complete the event application registration in full, completing all information fields
e) 1000 credits: Enter the IMEI of your purchased HUAWEI product (maximum 3 times)
f) 100 credits: Accept a friend request to take part in a game (maximum 5 times per day)
g) Awards for login in a row：
50 credits: log in 1 day in a row
60 credits: log in 2 days in a row
80 credits: log in 3 days in a row
100 credits: log in 4 days in a row
150 credits: log in 5 days and above in a row
When players upload personal information for the purpose of participating in the game or earning credits, a pop-up window will appear to give players the option to submit personal information. By selecting ‘Agree’, you thereby authorize the sponsor to collect and use personal information with regards to this event.
4. Player Statuses
Players can check the status of theirs or their friend’s gift boxes at any time during the game. There are five statuses in total that will appear in players’ inbox and outbox: i. wait indicates an invitation you have sent out to your friends. ii. active indicates a game invitation from a friend iii. frozen indicates an expired game request from a friend iv. win indicates a successful unlock v. loss indicates a failure to unlock.
5. Claiming Prizes:
After a successful unlock, players and their friends will receive notification instantly onscreen that the gift box will open and to claim their prizes. At the prize claiming page, each participant will type in the code of their half hey, for verification to complete a successful claim. Once verified, each player is awarded the same prize.
Ways of prize set up and prize distribution are as following:
a) Gift A: Game Credits (virtual gift for unlocking the gift box. HUAWEI will be giving away 100 thousand bonuses packages of 300 credits every day. Final amounts will be subject to the number of bonuses granted, with that day's bonuses left over not carried to the next day.)
b) Gift B: Redeemable coupons from participating business franchises including but not limited free Spartoo shopping coupons, Universal Music download vouchers, etc. (the unit price about £6, 110,000 coupons in total and coupons convertible slightly different in different countries), players will receive digital coupons online that can be redeemed in off-line establishments.
c) Gift C: HUAWEI Ascend P6 smart phone (please refer to the local selling price, 450 phones in total), players will be asked for their shipping address that the prize will then be sent to from HUAWEI.
d) Gift D: Golden Key (Golden Key is a virtual prize. HUAWEI will give away at least 80 thousand Golden Keys every day, with that day's keys left over not carried to the next day.) Within the Golden Key is your code for the lucky draw, earned through taking part in the game, and represents your eligibility to participate in the final draw for the grand prize; a brand-new luxury car. All the holders of Golden Key have the chance to enter the final draw event, with multiple entries permitted.
e) Gift E: The Mercedes-Benz C250 2-door Sporty Coupe (please refer to the local selling price, 2 cars in total), awarded during the final draw event on January 5th, 2014(GMT+0 time zone: 11:00AM). Grand prize winners will be chosen from Golden Key holders and will need to answer a trivia question correctly to win
6. The Final Draw Event
The Golden Key represents your eligibility to participate in the lucky draw for the grand prize; a brand-new luxury car (Mercedes-Benz C250). Each Golden Key has two owners.
The key is your code for the lucky draw, a prize pool that all key holders join for their chance to win.
During the final lucky draw event, one Golden Key will be chosen, and the two holders of this selected key will have the chance to win a new luxury car each.
During the final lucky draw event, winners will be chosen at random and publicly witnessed and announced at the venue.
Winners will be contacted by phone (between 8am and 8pm local time to winner) within 28 days of the names drawn and will need to answer a trivia question correctly to claim their prize.
For any prize not claimed within 28 days, a new name will be drawn with no liability
No responsibility can be taken for claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of posting/sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
7. Promotion Period
This promotion will take place from December 1st, 2013 (GMT 00:00) to January 1st 2014 (GMT 00:00). The specified time is subject to system time of the official HUAWEI Global Website.
Entrants of all the participating countries must be 18 years or older to enter. Please refer the participating country list at: http://s.huaweiprize.com .
The entrants who are not from the countries listed at the participating countries, no matter how they enter the game, will not be eligible for any prize, except for the virtual prize of ‘300-credit’ and ‘Golden Key’. Furthermore, they are not eligible for the lucky draw for the big prize of the Mercedes-Benz C250.
9. Event Statement
1) This event is sponsored by the HUAWEI Device (Dongguan) Co., Ltd, with its business office at Dongguan City. P. R. China.
2) Staff and families of the staff of the event sponsor, and members of related authorized agencies are not eligible to take part in the event, in order to show the fairness.
3) Entrants may only use personal Facebook accounts attributed to the entrant to take part in online game and giveaway contest. Entrants agree to provide their personal information including entrant’s full name, gender, mobile phone number, email address, contact address and postal code for the purpose of shipping and identity verification. Any and all information provided will be used by the event sponsor solely for this promotion and no other, and will not be disclosed to the other party without prior consent from entrants, unless it is necessary to be disclosed for compliance under the prevailing laws and regulations.
4) In the event of prizes being awarded to entrants having provided false or mistaken identity or shipping information, the event sponsor will revoke eligibility for prizes. Prizes not claimed by the winner within 30 days of being awarded will revoke the winner’s eligibility for prizes. (Automated entries will be disqualified)
5) All prize images are for reference only; Prizes will be subject to available gifts provided by the sponsor; prizes are non-refundable; Quality issues regarding prizes are subject to the normal maintenance, exchange and refund protocols of the original manufacturer and not that of the sponsor.
6) In the case of unavailability of a specified prize, the sponsor reserves the right to replace the originally stated prize with goods of similar, greater or same value goods. The sponsor will not exchange prize goods for cash or credit in whole or in part.
7) The event sponsor is not liable for final condition of awarded prizes on arrival to their intended shipping destination. Possible defects or breakage of awarded prizes are the issue of the delivering party and/or the entrant. Issues arising during prize claiming or usage will not be the liability of the sponsor.
8) The event sponsor assumes no responsibility for late entries due to any and all reason including, but not limited to, network transmission failure.
9) If entrants are using or have used improper means to participate in the event, the sponsor reserves the right to cancel the eligibility without notice. Attempts to contact the event sponsor consumer services may only be in regard to this promotion; harassment and damaging behavior will be dealt with the under the full extent of all applicable laws.
10) Under the full extent of all applicable laws, the sponsor reserves the right to final and ultimate interpretation of this promotion. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the sponsor reserves the right to terminate or cancel the promotion.
1) All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork and computer code (collectively, “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, and arrangement of such Content, contained on the game is owned, controlled and/or licensed by Sponsor, and is protected by trade secret, copyright, patent trademark, and various other intellectual property rights based on prevailing laws in the country of entrants.
2) Sponsor shall not responsible for the correctness of the information given by entrants in participating to this event. The entrants shall hold Sponsor harmless in the event such information is proven to be false.
3) The entrants shall comply with all prevailing laws and regulations in participating to this event and implementing provisions in this terms and conditions by good will and fairness.
4) Sponsor shall not be liable for any content or word or picture which appears and may cause harassment or disturbance or in any whatsoever nature involves entrants into addiction or any other impact which may arise.
5) By entering the game, it means the entrants understand and agree with all the terms and conditions as stated herein.
6) Under the CAP Code (CAP Code Rule 8.28.5) Promoter are required to make available the name and county of the Grand Prize winner.
7) The promoter will provide proof to the IPM at a later date that the Winners have been notified and the prize delivered. The IPM will also need proof that the winners' names have been published as required by the UK Code of Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing.
8) Winners will need to participate in publicity with no recompense
ADDITIONAL TERMS REQUIRED UNDER FACEBOOK PROMOTION GUIDELINES
ADDITIONAL TERMS RECOMMENDED BY THE IPM AS BEST PRACTICE
-To ensure fairness and the integrity of the promotion to all participants, the Promoter will not enter into discussions regarding the running of this promotion via Facebook.
-Any entrant posting or seen to be posting comments on HUAWEI’s Facebook page or elsewhere during the promotion that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other contestants and fans of HUAWEI or directly aimed at the Promoter, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the promotion. The promoter reserves the right to alert Facebook to any such behaviour and you may have your Facebook account frozen pending investigation.
-The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
-In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions , at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
-Sometimes, through reasons outside of the Promoters control, the website (as with any website) may not be accessible. The Promoter cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access to the website. No responsibility will be accepted for any difficulties in entering, claiming or any entries/claims delayed or corrupted. The Promoter will have no liability for any loss arising out of such an event.
Sponsor of this event: HUAWEI Device (Dongguan) Co., Ltd, with its business office at Dongguan City. P. R. China. Address: NO.5 Plant in Area B2 of Southern Factory(Project 1), No.2 Xincheng Avenue, Songshanhu High-tech Industry Development Zone, Dongguan City. P. R. China