HUAWEI HMS APP INNOVATION CONTEST GOES GLOBAL WITH USD 1 MILLION AWARD
• Top developers across five regions invited to create innovative apps by integrating with HMS Core, a full suite of
Huawei’s Chipset-Device-Cloud capabilities
• USD1 million total in cash prizes, funded by the Shining-Star Program, on offer to developers worldwide in flagship contest
• Prizes on offer include HUAWEI AppGallery promotional resources to reach 650 million Huawei device users and more
Developers around the world are being invited to put their skills to the test on a global stage with the recent launch of HUAWEI HMS App Innovation Contest, Apps UP. The inaugural contest will see entrants compete against other experienced developers to create innovative apps that improve and help navigate everyday life. Apps UP contest provides a platform for developers in each of the five competition regions: Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Latin America and China to showcase their skills and innovation.
HMS Core integrates Huawei’s Chipset-Device-Cloud capabilities, providing core capabilities to developers such as Machine Learning Kit, HiAI, AR Engine and more. Developers can easily achieve direct access and global all-scenario intelligence distribution across all devices by integrating their apps with HMS Core.
With AppGallery’s continued growth and position as one of the top three global app marketplace, winners of the Apps UP contest will get the chance to have their apps promoted on HUAWEI AppGallery, making them accessible to hundreds of millions of device users from more than 170 countries and regions, combined with the benefits of AppGallery Connect, providing one-stop service open platform for mobile apps, which help developers innovate and carry out efficient operations. Prizes and wider benefits also include:
• USD1 million total funded by the Shining-Star Program, in cash prizes in the categories: Best App, Best Game, Best
Social Impact App, Most Popular App, Honorable Mention.
• Opportunity to compete on a global stage and showcase technical ability using leading HMS Core.
• Discussion with industry experts and Apps UP expert judging panel.
• Free access to Huawei Developers events, courses and certifications.
To enter the contest, participants must register an account on the official website, https://developer.huawei.com/consumer/en/digix/appsup and sign up either as an individual or as a team of up to three members. All apps must be developed integrating HMS Core and submitted on the contest official website before 18:00 UTC+8 on 30 August 2020, where a panel of regional industry experts will score each entry on social value, business value, user experience and originality.
From there, at the stage of public review, the top 20 shortlisted apps in each region will be made available for the public to download on the contest official website or HUAWEI AppGallery from 21 September, making their way to the finals in October.