Terms and Condition #MansBestMate10 Competition
Overview: To launch the new Huawei Mate 10 which has advanced AI camera image recognition and can tell the difference between your cat and dog, by automatically changing its settings to cat or dog scene, Huawei are asking fans to enter a #MansBestMate10 competition. Upload a picture of your cat or dog to Instagram or Facebook, together with hashtags and handles: #MansBestMate10 @HuaweiMobileAu and either #votecat or #votedog for your chance to win a Huawei Mate 10 and a hamper of pet products.
Entry dates: From 9th November 2017 up to Dec 9th 2017
1. This promotional competition (“Competition”) is organised and run by Huawei Technologies Australia (Pty) Ltd (“Huawei”), including its affiliates, partners, associations and agents (“Organisers”). The Competition is open for entry by all Australian residents of 18 years and older with a valid Australian identity document, except employees of the Organisers and its advertising and / or promotion agencies and their immediate families. The Competition is not open for entry by or on behalf of a legal entity. The Competition will be executed online as per point 4 below.
2. By entering the Competition, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, which will be interpreted by the Organisers and the Organisers’ decision regarding any issue will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. This Competition will run from 9th November 2017 up to Dec 9th 2017 (included).
4. The prizes for this competition consist of x1 Huawei Mate10 mobile device (Colours may vary) and a hamper of pet treats (cat or dog pending your entry). The prize does not cover or include any other costs or expenses of the winner whatsoever; Huawei does not cover any costs or expenses relating to accessories, sim cards, mobile or data costs as well as travel expenses as a result of winning this prize. The prize is not exchangeable for cash, and will not be transferable or negotiable. The Organisers reserve the right to substitute the prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the prize promoted not be available due to unforeseen circumstances.
5. To enter this Competition, all participants are required to:
· Take a photo of your pet (cat or dog) in a unique or interesting composition, face on to the camera. Do not use stock imagery;
· Upload your photo to Instagram or Facebook; Tag @HuaweMobileAu and #MansBestMate10 and either #VoteCat OR #VoteDog – depending on if you’re taking a photo of your dog or cat
· All participants who have participated by uploading a photo of their cat or dog, together with the required hashtags and handles will go into a draw to win
· This is a test of skill, a winner will be drawn by the Organisers based on their entry being engaging, interesting and showcasing the full face of their pet (dog or cat) together with correct use of the handles and who comply with the terms of this competition
· The Organisers will conduct a verification exercise to determine all valid and correct entries.
5. This Competition is available across Facebook and Instagram
6. Huawei will communicate with winners via Instagram or Facebook messenger as the initial and preferred method of communication, and telephonically as a secondary means, if required. Huawei reserves the right to contact the winners as and when required. If winners do not respond or claim their prize within two weeks of contact from the Organisers, the Organisers reserve the right to offer the prize to an alternative winner
7. The Organisers reserve the right to select an alternative winner in the event that they believe, in their sole discretion, that the winner has contravened any of these terms and conditions. The Organisers’ decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. By accepting these terms and conditions, the winner agrees that the Organisers may publish the winner’s name, surname and images, including photographs, on, amongst other things, the Organisers’ Social Media Platforms without any liability to the Organisers or remuneration due to the winner, unless the winner specifically informs the Organisers that he / she does not want his / her name and / or surname and / or image to be published on the Organisers’ Social Media Platforms. The winner or a participant must inform the Organisers’ that he / she does not want his / her details or images to be published by contacting Huawei@adhesivpr.com.au
9. The Competition, its prize / (s), and any terms and / or conditions surrounding it may be amended by reasonable notification at any time during the Competition, and will be applied and interpreted at the sole discretion of the Organisers. Such altered terms and conditions and / or prize shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by the Organisers. No participants shall have any recourse against the Organisers as a result of the alterations of the terms and conditions and / or a prize.
10. The Organisers reserve the right to extend, reasonably shorten or suspend the time period of the Competition for technical or commercial or operational reasons or for the greater public good or due to a “force majeure” event or generally for any reason whatsoever within its sole discretion, on condition that it notifies the participants in a manner that is expedient according to its best ability.
11. The Organisers reserve the right to amend the rules and / or terminate this Competition immediately at any stage, whether required as a result of changes in legislation, or if required by any national, provincial or municipal authority, or within the sole discretion of the Organisers for any reason whatsoever. Notice of such termination shall be published on Instagram and Facebook. In such an event, all participants waive any rights that they may have / purport to have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Organisers whatsoever.
12. ALL PARTICIPANTS AND THE WINNERS INDEMNIFY THE ORGANISERS, ITS ASSOCIATED AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, AND ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES, AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER FROM THEIR PARTICIPATION IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER IN THIS COMPETITION, SAVE FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE ORGANISERS’.
13. Australian law shall govern these Competition rules and the courts of Australian shall have exclusive jurisdiction.