Huawei Canada announces availability of the much-anticipated HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro with new HUAWEI AppGallery
Beautiful handset features powerful performance, massive battery and charging features, Quad Camera System for awesome photos, and ultra-curve design with side touch features
Get it now with a free HUAWEI MediaPad T3 10 Tablet* and extended benefits
Getting your favourite apps is easier than you think!
Huawei announced today the availability of the HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro in Canada beginning May 8. The much-anticipated device sets new standards in every area from aesthetic design through to hardware engineering and software innovation.
To celebrate the launch, Huawei Canada is offering a free HUAWEI MediaPad T3 10 as a special gift with purchase*. And as an added bonus, purchasers will also receive extended benefits: 3 months free 50 GB of cloud storage, 2-year extended warranty and 6-month screen protection warranty.
“Loved around the world, we’re very proud to bring Canadians the iconic HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro,” said Kevin Li, President, Huawei Canada, Consumer Business Group. “It’s a beautiful and powerful device–and it’s the first device to launch in Canada with HUAWEI AppGallery. We are working extremely quickly to build the first app store alternative to launch in 10 years. This is a chance for Canadians to get in on the ground floor of the boutique app store of the future.”
Stay on-the-go with a massive 4500 mAh Battery with Dual SuperCharge
The upgraded 4500 mAh battery can easily support your full-day requirement. Charge the massive battery ultra-fast with the 40 W Wired HUAWEI SuperCharge or 27 W Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge technology. Share the power with others with the upgraded Wireless Reverse Charge technology.
Get noticed with the innovative Ultra-Curved Display with Side-Touch
Expanding from edge to edge, the 88-degree ultra-curved screen with HUAWEI Acoustic display technology projects sound to your ears, incorporates the latest In-screen Fingerprint sensor and eliminates physical buttons for greater simplicity.
Express yourself with the Revolutionary Quad-lens Leica Camera
The revolutionary 40 MP Leica SuperSensing Cine camera, 40 MP SuperSensing Camera, 8 MP Telephoto Camera and a 3D Depth Sensing Camera allows you to record Ultra Low-light, Ultra-slow Motion and Ultra-Wide Angle Time-lapse photos and videos.
Enjoy power and speed with Highest Performing Kirin Mobile Chip Ever
Powered by the most sophisticated chip designed by HUAWEI, the Kirin 990 is the highest performing Kirin mobile chip ever. It is manufactured with cutting-edge 7nm+ technology and three-level power efficiency architecture to deliver excellent performance and high-power efficiency.
Explore it today on AppGallery
The HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro is based on Android 10 operating system. It’s the first device to be launched in Canada with the new HUAWEI AppGallery–HUAWEI’s official app distribution platform. You can use AppGallery on your HUAWEI mobile device to search, download, manage and share mobile apps. AppGallery features a four-layer detection mechanism to ensure that apps featured on the platform are secure to download and use. All kinds of useful apps are available for download through AppGallery.
It’s easier than you think to get your favourite apps on your HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro. Check-out the step-by-step guide at the end of this release.
Colours, Pricing and Availability
The 6.53-inch HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro-8 GB RAM + 256 GB ROM-will be available in Space Silver and will have an MSRP of $1399.99. The HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro is available online at Staples , Newegg, Visions Electronics, and The Shopping Channel.
A Faster, Safer and More Engaging Experience
The HUAWEI Mate 30 Series features a range of new features that deliver an amazingly smooth and engaging user experience. Including:
• EMUI10 operating system featuring a contemporary magazine inspired layout, Always-On-Display (AOD) where the colour of the lock screen changes throughout the day;
• Dark Mode brings enhanced legibility making the screen look gentler and more comfortable when night falls;
• Intuitive Side-touch Interaction to customise invisible virtual keys for volume adjustment, gaming and camera set-up as well as being ideal for both right and left-handed users;
• AI gesture control for contactless screen interaction, AI Auto-Rotate and AI Private View create an improved user experience;
• HiCar smart travel for advanced seamless connectivity between device and a car’s communication and entertainment system;
• Multi-screen Collaboration allows users to transfer data and control multiple screens between Huawei devices;
• HUAWEI 3D Face Unlock and In-screen Fingerprint to provide advanced data security and privacy protection.
Get your favourite Apps!
1. Phone Clone: transfer your apps and data to your new Huawei phone
You can easily transfer your apps, contacts, data, files and photos from your old smartphone to your new smartphone, in a few simple steps. Install the Phone Clone app (available on the AppGallery, Google Play Store and App Store) on your old phone and select ‘Old phone.’ Open the same app on your new HUAWEI smartphone and select ‘New phone’ specifying the brand of phone you are transferring data from–HUAWEI, Android or iPhone.
At this point, just scan the QR code of your new smartphone.
Select what you want to transfer and in a few minutes your data will be on your new smartphone. The results may differ depending on the compatibility of the old phone with your new HUAWEI smartphone.
Check-out this helpful video to see how easy it is.
2. Download from AppGallery
The HUAWEI AppGallery has 400 M monthly active users, and it keeps growing. 5000 apps are added to the ecosystem globally every week. Our AppGallery features a 4-layer detection mechanism to ensure apps featured are safe to download and use. Simply browse and download the apps you need as you would any other app store.
Recent notable global and Canadian additions to HUAWEI AppGallery include:
• HERE WeGo-a world leading navigation app
• TikTok-the leading destination for short-form video
• Snapchat-the fastest way to share a moment
• WeChat-connect a billion people with calls, chats, and more
• 500 px-a community of 15 million photographers
• Indigo-Canada’s largest book, gift, and toy retailer
• Wattpad-the world’s most-loved storytelling platform
• Flipp-empowering users to make informed shopping decisions
• Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall-Adventure game based on the award-winning and hugely popular award-winning television series
• Stingray Music-Curated radio and playlists
3. Access Quick Apps
Search in AppGallery to use Quick Apps-a fast and unique experience.
4. Add to the Wishlist
To make sure we keep adding the apps you want into the AppGallery, add to our Wishlist feature and we’ll notify you when it’s available.
5. Other app stores
Using the HUAWEI AppGallery is the recommended way to download your apps, however, you are able to use any other app store alternatives you wish to get apps.
That’s it! Time to start enjoying your brand new HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro!
6. Still need more help? Our service teams are available to assist you to set-up your phone in minutes. Call 1-888-5HUAWEI(1-888-548-2934) or get support here.
*Gift with Purchase-Consumers are qualified for the bonus if they purchase the HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro during the first two weeks May 8 - May 22 while supplies last (start date subject to retailer’s SKU setp schedule.)
About Huawei Consumer BG and Huawei Canada
Huawei is among the three largest smartphone manufacturers in the world, with operations in more than 170 countries. In addition to smartphones, Huawei's Consumer offerings include PCs, tablets, wearables and other services. Huawei has been operating in Canada since 2008, and currently employs more than 800 people. Huawei's Canada Research Centre employs more than 500 engineers and researchers, and is ranked 25th in Canada for R&D investment. Huawei is committed to providing leading-edge technology to Canadian operators, customers and consumers.