1. HUAWEI ranked third in global smartphone shipments in Q3 2013 (*1).
• Analyst reports observed that smartphone shipments grew 45% annually to reach a record 251 million units in the third quarter of 2013.
• According to Strategy Analytics, HUAWEI captured 5.1% market share with smartphone shipments of 12.7 million units in Q3 2013 (*2).
• According to IDC, HUAWEI captured 4.8% market share with smartphone shipments of 12.5 million units (*3).
2. HUAWEI’s performance demonstrates the success of its strategy to focus on flagship products to build its brand globally.
• In this quarter, HUAWEI’s overall smartphone shipments totaled 13.4 million, an increase of 20% compared to Q2 2013.
• Markets outside China accounted for 40% of total shipments, up from 30% in Q2.
• Emerging markets performed strongly with the following regions experiencing the highest quarterly growth:
Latin America (140%)
Asia Pacific (44%)
• HUAWEI’s flagship high-end smartphone, HUAWEI Ascend P6, is now on sale in over 90 countries with shipments surpassing two million units at the end of the quarter.
3. HUAWEI aspires to become one of the leading mobile phone brands within the next five years by bringing quality innovative and fashionable products within reach for more people.
• HUAWEI is actively building its global distribution networks and retail channels by cooperating with global distributors such as Ingram Micro and Brightpoint, while partnering with local retailers such as Carphone Warehouse, the largest retailer in the UK, Media-Saturn in Germany, and more than 50 retailers across China including Gome, Suning, D.Phone, and FunTalk.
• HUAWEI is bringing its ‘Make it Possible’ philosophy to life through sponsorships and strategic partnerships with sporting and entertainment organisations in local markets, such as football teams AC Milan and Borussia Dortmund in Europe, and Marvel's “Thor: The Dark World” film in the US.
*1: According to Strategy Analytics, Canalys and IDC