Huawei Consumer Business Group announces 2018 H1 business results
HUAWEI rises to become the world's second largest smartphone manufacturer with robust Q2 performance
Shenzhen, China – August 3, 2018 – HUAWEI Consumer Business Group (CBG) today announced its business results for the first half of 2018. The company reported solid growth, with global smartphone shipments at 95+ million units*. According to IDC, HUAWEI rises to become the world's second largest smartphone manufacturer in Q2 with the global market share of 15.8%.
Richard Yu, CEO of HUAWEI Consumer Business Group, said, "The past six months have been incredible for HUAWEI CBG, marked by robust growth of our business across all markets and product lines. Our success is owed to our commitment to innovation and, most importantly, our customers. Moving forward, HUAWEI will remain focused on continually improving our offerings with an emphasis on on-device AI, cloud and the wider HUAWEI ecosystem."
Business performance highlights
- HUAWEI P20 Series: Fusing art and technology, the P20 Series has been very well received among the fashion-forward consumers. The global shipments of the HUAWEI P20 Series surpassed 9 million units;
- HUAWEI Mate 10 Series: The latest HUAWEI Mate Series set the trend for mobile AI and strengthened the company's position in the high-end market with global shipments of over 10 million units;
- HUAWEI nova Series: Globally, the number of nova smartphone users exceeded 50 million, contributing to growth of the overall mid-range smartphone market. Total shipments of the nova Series increased by 60 percent year-over-year.
- HUAWEI wearables achieved a remarkable 147 percent increase year-over-year;
- Retail business has grown and now HUAWEI operates over 53000 HUAWEI stores and 3500 HUAWEI Experience Stores globally. The company plans to bolster its retail network by adding another 10000 retail stores and 700 Experience Stores around the world before the end of 2018.
Brand recognition sees upward momentum
The impressive performances of HUAWEI's flagship and mid-market smartphones have greatly improved the value of the HUAWEI brand: HUAWEI was named number 25 on Brand Finance's Global 500 2018 list, number 48 on BrandZ's Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands list, and number 79 on Forbes' Most Valuable Brands list. Of note, HUAWEI was the only Chinese company that managed to secure a spot on Forbes' 2018 top 100 list.