My tablet system lags or freezes
|My tablet system lags or freezes|
If your tablet system lags or freezes, perform the following:
Clear background apps that are not in use
If there are multiple apps running in the background on the tablet, the tablet system may experience lags or freezes because there is insufficient memory. It is recommended that you clear unnecessary apps from running in the background to free up some space.
- If you are using the virtual navigation bar, touch to show all apps running in the background, then touch to close them all.
- If you are using gesture navigation, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and hold to display the recent tasks screen, and touch to close all background apps.
- If you are using a physical navigation button, swipe left or right on the button to display the recent tasks screen, and touch to close all background apps.
Clean up storage space
- Use Tablet Manager to speed up the cleaning process
If you have used your tablet for more than half a year and tend to use lots of apps in your daily life, large amounts of junk files will exist. It is recommended that you use Tablet Manager to clean the memory of your tablet and uninstall unnecessary apps.
- On your tablet, go to Tablet Manager > Cleanup.
- You can view the data that you can clear under Recommended for cleanup. Touch the corresponding data you want to clear and touch CLEAN UP to ensure that your tablet has sufficient memory (it is recommended you keep at least 20% free).
- Restart your tablet to clear the cache
If you have not powered off your tablet for a long time, large amounts of junk files will exist on your tablet. You can clear the cache by restarting your tablet. It is recommended that you restart your tablet once a week for optimal user experience.
Disable Power Saving mode
When Power Saving mode is enabled on your tablet, some features are disabled for an extended battery life. It is recommended that you disable Power Saving mode on your tablet and use your tablet after charging it.
To disable Power Saving mode, go to Settings > Battery and disable Power Saving mode.
Connect your tablet to another network
Most apps on your tablet require network to work properly. When your network connection is weak or unstable, apps may run slowly or even freeze. It is recommended that you connect your tablet to a Wi-Fi network or use it in an open area.
Sometimes, even when your tablet is displayed as having a full 4G signal, the 4G network may be unstable when there are lots of people using it at the same time, resulting in system lag on your tablet. It is recommended that you take your tablet to another area and try to see if this issue is resolved.
Back up your important data and restore your tablet to its factory settings
If this issue persists, back up important data on your tablet and restore your tablet to its factory settings to see if the issue is resolved.
Restoring your tablet to its factory settings will clear all data on your tablet. Make sure that you have backed up all important data on your tablet before proceeding.
- To restore your tablet to its factory settings, go to Settings > System & updates > Reset > Reset tablet.
- Enter the lock screen password and your tablet will clear all data and restart automatically. Your tablet will power on automatically when the resetting process ends.
Back up important data and go to an authorized Customer Service Center
If the issue persists after you have performed all aforementioned operations, back up your important data and bring your device and proof of purchase to a nearby Huawei Customer Service Center for assistance.