Health information about wearing HUAWEI FreeBuds and FreeLace series wireless earphones
|Health information about wearing HUAWEI FreeBuds and FreeLace series wireless earphones|
To ensure an optimal experience, make sure that you are not allergic to the materials that the earphones are made from and wear the earphones correctly. It is also recommended that you clean the earphones regularly (once a week). For more information, see How to clean the HUAWEI FreeBuds and FreeLace series earphones.
Wear the wireless earphones correctly for optimal comfort, sound effects, and noise cancellation.
- Huawei in-ear earphones come with a set of ear tips or integrated ear supports of varying sizes. Choose the ear tips or supports that fit your ears. If only one ear tip tends to come loose, you can use ear tips in two different sizes for the left and right earphones for a better wearing experience.
- The HUAWEI FreeBuds Pro 2,FreeBuds Pro earphones support the Tip fit test feature in AI Life to analyse how the earphones fit your ears after being worn and pick the most suitable ear tips for a more immersive listening experience.
- The HUAWEI FreeBuds Studio earphones are equipped with a stretchable metal arm in the headband which can be easily adjusted to fit your head.
Follow the tips below for health and hearing protection:
- Using the earphones at a high volume for a long time may be harmful to your hearing. It is recommended that you set the volume to a level no higher than 60% and take a break once an hour when using the earphones. Remove the earphones before going to sleep.
- The earphones may irritate your skin if there is sweat, soapy water, or any form of cosmetics on them. It is recommended that you keep both your earphones and skin dry and clean for optimal wearing comfort and device protection.
- It is not recommended that you share the earphones with others. If the earphones are dirty or have been used for one month, remove the ear tips and wipe them with a wet towel or wash them with water, and then correctly install the ear tips back onto the earphones according to the instructions in the user manual to prevent bacteria from building up.
Materials and substances of the wireless earphones
The materials that come into contact with your skin, such as the earphone body and ear tips, have passed strict tests and comprehensive evaluations, including the EU REACH regulations, to ensure that the material does not contain any hazardous substances.
Some people may feel uncomfortable when wearing the earphones due to moisture inside the ear, a fungal infection, weather and environmental factors, or other reasons. If you experienced discomfort or skin discomfort in the past, please pay special attention to the following materials:
- Nickel: A small amount of nickel is contained in the metal mesh in the openings on the sides of the earphones, in the ear tips, and in the charging contacts at the bottom of the handle.
- Acrylates: A small amount of acrylates is contained in the adhesive used for device assembly. This kind of adhesive is similar to that on band-aids. If you've ever had any discomfort with band-aids or other products containing adhesive in your daily life, you should be aware of this.
- Cyclosiloxanes: A small amount of cyclosiloxanes is contained in the rubber ear tips and integrated ear supports. Cosmetics also usually contain a small amount of siloxane, which is usually well tolerated by the human body. However, if your skin is uncomfortable, and you have a history of cosmetic allergies, please pay attention to the substance.
If your ears get red, itchy, or irritated, stop using the earphones and clean them immediately. If you still feel uncomfortable, see a doctor and decide whether to continue to use the earphones. You can also call the Huawei customer service hotline.