Desktop icons in Windows 10 turn white
Applicable products： PC，Desktop
|Desktop icons in Windows 10 turn white|
Desktop icons on a computer running Windows 10 system turn white.
To accelerate the speed of icons being displayed, the system will cache the icons of files or programs. If desktop icons turn white, it indicates that the cache process has failed.
- Open a folder.
- Since the icon cache file is a hidden file, click View then select Hidden items.
- Press the Win and R keys at the same time to access the Run window. Enter "%localappdata%" and click OK.
- Right-click Iconcache.db then select Delete.
- Right-click the taskbar then click Task Manager.
- Right-click File Explorer then select Restart.
- If the problem persists, back up important data then press F10 to restore the computer to its factory settings.
Thanks for your feedback.