Invitation to participate in HUAWEI Moments Instagram photo contest.
In collaboration with HUAWEI, HIPA invites all HUAWEI smartphone - professional or amateur - users to take part in a region wide photography competition - HUAWEI Moments - where all you need is your HUAWEI smartphone device to capture the beauty of our region and its people.
Steps of participating:
- Post using Both #HuaweixHIPA and one of category (#NightPhotography #PeopleCulture #Cityscape #Nature )on Instagram. You can only submit 4 photos (1 per category) for this competition.
- Tag City or Country location
- Tag @Huaweimobileksa& @hipaae
- Write HUAWEI smartphone model
- The hash-tagged photos will collected through a monitoring tool by HIPA and judged by professional HIPA judges.
- Once you have been selected in the shortlist, you will receive an email from HIPA team requesting raw files for your submission and an authority document to sign.
- Finalists announcements to be on the 28th of February (First round of monthly finalists who submitted photos from 00:01 on January 15th, 2019 until 24:00 on February 15th, 2019 UAE local time, total 4), 30th of March (Second round of monthly finalists who submitted photos from 00:01 on February 16th, 2019 until 24:00 on March 15th, 2019 UAE local time, total 4) and grand prize winner announcement, total 4. (Please note that shortlist does not mean win)
- Monthly: 8 HUAWEI Mate20 Pro in total – 1 winner per category per month
- Grand Prize: 4x winners (to be chosen from the 8 finalists) to go on a fully paid photography tour. Prize does not include visa processing fees, winners should authorize HUAWEI & HIPA to use the photos and footage during the trip for campaigns and product and brand marketing for two (2) years for free, including but not limited to using your submission in network media, print media, printings, photography exhibitions, retail stores, road shows, digital content, out of home media and other marketing activities. Given the foregoing, the organizer shall not issue further notice to inform you or seek your approval when using the photos and footage during the trip. The aforementioned organizer includes Huawei Device Co., Ltd. and its affiliates as well as strategic partners.
- Feature: top 5% to be featured on Huawei social platforms
- People & Culture: this category focuses on portraits and showcasing the rich culture around the region
- Cityscape: mainly focus on the wide-angle lens to showcase of architecture, and picturesque environments
- Night: leveraging the night photography capabilities on the latest Huawei models, this category focuses on low light and night mode photography
- Nature: capturing beautiful scenery around nature whether it’s desert, greenery, water or even cloudy skies
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- The competition will run over two months: submissions will be accepted from 00:01 on January 15th, 2019 until 24:00 on February 15th, 2019 UAE local time, (i.e. GMT +4) and from 00:01 on February 16th, 2019 until 24:00 on March 15th, 2019 UAE local time, (i.e. GMT +4). No Submissions made after the closing time will be accepted.
- You can only submit 4 photos (1 per category) for this competition.
- This competition is only available for users residing in UAE, KSA, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Kenya, Mauritius, and Nigeria.
- You have full authority to choose whether to participate in this contest. Your participation in this contest in part or in full shall be deemed as you having fully understood and accepted all terms and conditions contained herein including contest rules set forth in this section and their interpretations.
- Participants must be individuals aged 18 years and over at the time of their Submission.
- The employees of HIPA and the employees of HUAWEI and the organizer of the event are not entitled to participate in this competition.
- Entries will only be accepted once these rules of entry are agreed to in the submission process.
- All submissions shall be captured by Huawei phones, without limitation to when you captured the images and with which Huawei phone you have done so. You warrant that you have independent, complete, explicit, and uncontroversial copyright of your submissions and that such submissions do not infringe upon the rights of any third party, including but not limited to the copyright and rights of portrait, reputation, and privacy. Your participation in this contest shall be deemed that you have agreed to this rule. All legal liabilities for any disputes arising from your breach of the aforementioned warranties shall be borne by you. The organizer and its partners shall not assume any liability in this regard.
- The images you submit can only be processed on a Huawei phone. (Third-party processing software on Huawei phones is acceptable.) The pixel of the shorter edges of the images shall not be lower than 800 pxl, and the data volume of a single image shall not exceed 20 MB.
- The submitted photo must not contain any tag(s), signature(s), initial(s), frame, border(s), logo(s) or any other references and/or marks added by the participant.
- You shall not, in part or in full, adopt any means to use images belonging to others in your submissions. All legal liabilities for any disputes arising from your violation of the aforementioned rules shall be borne by you.
- This contest does not charge any fees or return any submissions, and accepts electronic submissions only , through the hashtag on Instagram.
- Hashtag is #HUAWEIxHIPA and one of category (#NightPhotography #PeopleCulture #Cityscape #Nature ).Any losses and consequences arising from failure to contribute submissions or pass the review shall be assumed by you.
- Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive contents, including nudity, violence and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the region’s religious, cultural and/or public morals traditions and practices will be disqualified.
- Submissions that do not comply with the contest rules contained herein shall not be selected for this contest. Should such submissions be selected, they are not exempt from later disqualification, and the organizer is entitled to reclaim the bonuses, awards, written certificates, and other awarded rights and interests, and publicize such action on its official website and other media.
- You agree to authorize HUAWEI & HIPA to use your submissions for campaigns and product and brand marketing for two (2) years for free, including but not limited to using your submissions in network media, print media, printings, photography exhibitions, retail stores, road shows, digital content, out of home media and other marketing activities. Given the foregoing, the organizer shall not issue further notice to inform you or seek your approval when using your submissions. The aforementioned organizer includes Huawei Device Co., Ltd. and its affiliates as well as strategic partners.
- All materials on the official website of HUAWEI & HIPA are protected by the copyright laws of the available countries. Except for cases permitted in writing, it is prohibited to sue any material (including duplication, modification, uploading, presentation, transmission, distribution, licensing, sales, and publication) by the copyright laws except for non-commercial and personal purposes. If you want to use any materials on the Huawei HUAWEI & HIPA Awards website, you need to obtain prior consent from Huawei.
- While HUAWEI will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the on the HUAWEI & HIPA website, Huawei makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability or otherwise with respect to such information, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any omissions or errors (including, without limitation, typographical errors and technical errors) in the content.
- HIPA team shall contact you if your submissions are to be shortlisted. In this case, please submit the originals of your submissions, fill in your personal information, copyright statement, submission authorization statement, and other documents, sign them, and email copies of the aforementioned files to the organizer. If you fail to do so within the required period or the files you provide do not comply with the rules stated by the organizer, it shall be deemed that you have waived the shortlist qualification, and your position shall be granted to the participant who ranks immediately below you.
- You agree and acknowledge that you shall provide authentic personal information, such as your name, contact number, email address, and correspondence address, for the purposes of contact and award distribution. The organizer shall collect and use your personal information solely for the aforementioned purposes and to the extent permitted by applicable law. If you are a winner, you shall guarantee that the personal information provided by you is complete and accurate. The organizer shall contact you to verify your registration information after award announcement. If an award cannot be distributed to you due to incomplete personal information, it shall be deemed that you have waived the right to claim the award, and no award shall be distributed to you.
- If an award cannot be distributed to you due to your own fault (including but not limited to failure to fill in the contact information within three days after the contest ends or inaccurate or incomplete contact information such that the organizer is unable to contact you), it shall be deemed that you have waived the right to claim the award. In case of the foregoing, the organizer shall not assume any liabilities arising therefrom, and no award shall be distributed to you. You shall confirm whether the award and bonus are complete upon receipt of them. In case of any abnormalities, you shall inform the sender directly. Unless it is due to willful intent or gross negligence of the organizer, the organizer shall not bear any liabilities for any accidents suffered by you arising from receipt or use of the award.
- Awards presented are not redeemable for cash. In the event that the award cannot be presented due to unforeseen circumstances, the organizer has the right to distribute an award of equivalent value as an alternative, but such replacement awards are also not redeemable for cash.
- All images of the awards are for your reference only. The actual award may vary. In case of quality issues, you shall contact the award manufacturer or designated distributor directly and follow their return, replacement, and repair rules. Unless the organizer is the award manufacturer, the organizer shall not assume any responsibilities or liabilities for any of the aforementioned quality issues.
- You shall assume the personal income taxes incurred as a result of this contest. The organizer shall bear domestic and international freight costs incurred for shipping the awards.
- Huawei reserves the right to adjust these rules within reason and within accordance with standard practices associated with similar competitions and open gallery calls. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Huawei. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
*HUAWEI and HIPA own the right of final interpretation