EMUI 9.1 updates will be available for Huawei smartphones in Singapore at the end of June
SINGAPORE, June 21, 2019 – Huawei Consumer Business Group will be rolling out its latest EMUI 9.1 software update from June 27 in Singapore. The EMUI 9.1 is Huawei’s customised user interface based on Android 9.0 Pie.
The update will be launched in different phases starting with the HUAWEI Mate 20 Series from June 27, followed by HUAWEI P20 Series and HUAWEI nova 3 Series in July and subsequent models including HUAWEI Mate RS, HUAWEI P10 and HUAWEI P10 Plus in August.
Users can update their device on the HiCare app in their Huawei handsets under ‘Services’ and ‘Update’. With the new updates, users will be able to enjoy new and enhanced features depending on their phone models listed below:
- Incoming caller video and GPU Turbo 3.0: for all updated handsets
- HUAWEI Share OneHop: HUAWEI Mate and HUAWEI P series
- Moon Mode: HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro and HUAWEI Mate 20X
- Huawei Vlog: HUAWEI Mate series, HUAWEI P series, HUAWEI nova 4 and HUAWEI nova 3
- EROFS: All series except HUAWEI Y9 2018 and HUAWEI nova 3e
- Incoming caller video allows users to customise a personal video as a caller ringtone. Video sample here.
- GPU Turbo 3.0 supports more games for an improved gaming experience. It has added 19 new international games to the existing 6 supported games. Now, the feature will offer a total of 25 game a better experience with higher frame rate and lower power consumption.
- Improved data transfer speed and integrity of Phone Clone.
- Huawei Vlog offers new features and effects for you to edit the video with one simple click. The Highlight videos are automatically edited with dramatic filters with the option to apply special speed effects and background music. You can share your personal cinematic masterpiece easily with the enhanced video editing features.
- HUAWEI Share OneHop allows for file transfer between Huawei MateBook and Huawei flagship phones on a single tap. Available to flagship series including the HUAWEI Mate 20, HUAWEI P20, HUAWEI Mate 10, HUAWEI P10 and HUAWEI P9 series.
- Faster launch time with improved launch speeds for the most popular apps on the market. It includes improved features in WeChat for QR code scanning, large picture loading, shooting and sharing pictures.
- New EROFS (Extendable Read-Only file system) provides an increase of 20% read speed than the EXT4 file system. It ensures that the system has a better performance. The read-only memory design also isolates outside interference for added security in your system files.
- Intuitive design of the Simplified UI in EMUI 9.1, making it easier and more intuitive.
- Illustrated functionality that provides instructions and description in an engaging way.