1. This Competition is only open to legal residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged between 18 and 25, except employees of Huawei Technologies (UK) Co., Ltd., the companies or organisations with whom the Competition or offer is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the Competition.
2. Purchase is not necessary; however, internet access is required.
3. Competition Period: This Competition starts 00:01 GMT on the 27th November 2018 and closes 23:59 GMT on the 10th December 2018.
4. How to enter: Go to www.huaweinewworkingorder.co.uk, enter your details (name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth and social media handles) and use the application form to provide a written statement of up to 500 words explaining your passions, ambitions and how you would use the bursary. Entries should include an explanation of who the entrant is, why they should be awarded the bursary and details of what the bursary would be used for. Then select which NWO influencer you would like to be judged by.
5. Further entry details:
a. Entrants must only submit wording that is their own original work;
b. Entrants must not submit wording which has been previously published or won an award or prize via a promotion run by Huawei Technologies (UK) Co., Ltd. or its affiliates;
c. Entrants must only submit wording that does not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, ownership, copyrights, trademarks, patents, logos, licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other intellectual property rights; and
6. All entries must be received by the end of the Competition Period (23:59 GMT 10th December 2018) to be valid and no liability is accepted for illegible, incomplete or late entries.
7. A maximum of one entry per person during the Promotion Period. A maximum of one Prize can be won per person.
8. The Bursary Prize winners and the Runner Up Prize winners agree to the use of their name, photograph/image/likeness and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Organizer, Huawei Technologies (UK) Co., Ltd. and/or its affiliates and authorized agents relating to any post-winning publicity. The winners and runners up hereby grant the Organizer, Huawei Technologies (UK) Co., Ltd. and its affiliates and authorised agents permission to use their name, image, likeness or otherwise, throughout the world, in all and any media including interviews, such parties printed publications, presentations, promotional materials, on Huawei’s websites and in the advertising of Huawei’s goods, products or services; such permission shall be granted free of charge and in perpetuity.
9. The Prizes: There are six prizes in total as follows:
a. Bursary Prizes: Three winners will each be awarded a bursary of £10,000.
b. Runner Up Prizes: Three winners will each receive a Huawei Mate20Pro handset.
10. Payment to the Bursary Prize winners and delivery to the Runner Up Prize winners will be made within 30 days of winner acceptance (see point 12). The payment of the Bursary will be made by PromoVeritas Ltd via cheque. No charge will be made for transfer or delivery.
11. Winner Selection: Each of the three NWO influencers will pick one Bursary Prize winner and one Runner Up Prize winner from the entries they receive. In total, there will be three (3) Bursary Prizes for the best three entries and three (3) Runner Up Prizes for the next three best runners up. Winners will be selected by the NWO influencer under the supervision of PromoVeritas Ltd, the independent promotional verification service based on the following criteria within 21 working days of the close of the Competition Period:
a. Quality and originality of entry. (max 20 points)
b. Feasibility of the reason for wanting the bursary. (max 20 points)
c. How meaningful is the reason for wanting the bursary? How much of an impact will the bursary have on the winner and the wider world? (max 20 points)
d. Adequate detail on how the bursary will be spent. (max 20 points)
12. Winner Notification: The winners will be contacted by the email address provided on entry within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prize, within 14 days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Organizer reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Organizer reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve winner selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond but this will be made clear during the winner communication. Entrants who have not won a Prize will not receive a notification.
13. Moderation: The Organizer will reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Organizer:
a. contains any content that is offensive or could reflect negatively on the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Organizer or any brand partner;
b. includes trademarks, logos, or copyright material not owned by you or used without the rights owner's prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.);
c. defames, misrepresents, or insults other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Organizer (including its partners); and
d. promotes any political agenda
14. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason a Prize is not available, the Organizer reserves the right to substitute another prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
15. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Organizer which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Organizer may, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
16. The Organizer may refuse to award a Prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of an entrant's fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement under these Terms and Conditions.
17. The Organizer and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
18. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted.
19. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Organizer and which prevents the Organizer from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Organizer will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
20. The full name and county of the winners will be available visiting www.promowinners.com/NewWorkingOrder after the 1st February 2018 and will be available for 8 weeks.
22. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
23. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
24. This Promotion will be promoted through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and SnapChat. This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and/or SnapChat. Participants shall comply with the terms of service, community guidelines or other applicable policies for user submissions and/or uploads located at: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms for Facebook, https://twitter.com/en/tos for Twitter, https://www.instagram.com/about/legal/terms/api/ for Instagram, https://www.linkedin.com/legal/user-agreement for LinkedIn and https://www.snap.com/en-GB/terms/ for SnapChat.
25. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
26. This Promotion is brought to you by Huawei Technologies (UK) Co., Ltd., administered by Red Consultancy and moderated and fulfilled by PromoVeritas Ltd.