This privacy notice explains the types of personal data collected through or related to the Mate 20 Pro Bursary Prize Promotion (the “Prize Promotion”) and how Huawei Technologies (UK) Co., Ltd. will use or otherwise process such data. Unless otherwise specified, this privacy notice does not apply to any other products or services, or to data collected in any other way (online or offline) or for any other purpose.
b) Data Controller Details
Huawei Technologies (UK) Co., Ltd., a company incorporated in England and Wales (hereinafter referred to as "we", “our” or "Huawei"), is the data controller responsible for the Prize Promotion.
We can be contacted by mail at 300 South Oak Way, Green Park, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 6UF, by phone at 0800 088 6700, and by email at UKIPrivacy@huawei.com.
c) Data protection principles
When we collect your personal data, we will comply with applicable data protection law, including the General Data Protection Regulation. This states that the personal data we hold about you must be:
(1) used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
(2) collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
(3) relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
(4) accurate and kept up to date;
(5) kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about; and
(6) kept securely.
d) Categories of data concerned and legal basis
Within the Prize Promotion we only process the data you provide for the Prize Promotion or that is necessary for the procedure. This concerns in particular:
· Processing your submission, social media handles, date of birth and contact details (e.g. name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) to: (1) administer the Prize Promotion; (2) determine the winner; (3) contact the winner; and (4) transmit the prizes. Our legal grounds for processing such data is fulfilment of the contract (see Prize Promotion terms and conditions).
· Processing your personal data relevant to the Prize Promotion (including any prize draw and prize promotion entry history). Our legal grounds for processing such data is our legitimate interest to: (1) protect the security and integrity of our business operations, including the detection and prevention of actual, perceived or potential fraudulent, criminal illegal or unauthorised activity; (2) ensuring compliance with the Prize Promotion terms and conditions; and (3) handling queries and complaints relating to the Prize Promotion.
· We may process personal data to comply with a legal obligation: (1) when you exercise your data subject rights as provided by data protection law and make requests; (2) to act in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, including winner publication (name and general geographical location of the winners); (3) for the establishment and defence of legal rights; or (4) for activities relating to the prevention, detection and investigation of crime.
If you fail to provide the information set out above to us, you may be prevented from participating in the Prize Promotion.
We may also seek your appropriate consent in relation to processing of any personal data for any other purpose. This may include seeking consent from winning entrants to feature their entries on our websites, social media and press releases. You may withdraw such consent at any time.
e) Duration of data storage
All data will be stored for a period of 90 days from the closing date of the Prize Promotion and will then be deleted unless there is a legal obligation to store them.
f) Transfer of personal data
Your data will be transmitted to employees of Huawei who are responsible for running the Prize Promotion and to necessary service providers.
We will also transfer the data in some cases to service providers who are directly involved in the Prize Promotion as a partner or who are processing the data on our behalf:
- Your personal data collected or submitted by you will be processed by PromoVeritas Ltd on Huawei’s behalf in independently verifying and moderating entries, managing the winner selection, notifying winners and delivering the winners’ prize via post/courier. Promo Veritas Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales, with its contact address at: PromoVeritas Ltd, Monument House, 215 Marsh Road, HA5 5NE, UK.
- Your personal data collected or submitted by you will be processed by The Red Consultancy Limited, on our behalf, in the administration of the Prize Promotion. The Red Consultancy is a company registered in England and Wales, with its contact address at: Red Consultancy, 41 – 44 Great Windmill St, Soho, London, W1D 7NF, UK.
- NWO influencer: the influencer you have selected will judge your entry fairly and independently.
Your personal data will not be processed outside the EU/EEA.
g) Rights of the data subject
You have important rights under the law. Please read this section carefully, so that you understand them.
If we asked for your consent to collect and use your personal data you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us and telling us. If you choose to withdraw your consent, we might not be able to deliver or provide any more the purpose your personal data was collected for. Our use of your personal data before you notify us you are withdrawing consent is permitted.
You may ask us for a copy of the personal data we have stored about you. You can request a copy of your personal data in an electronic format that may allow you to share it with another company. If you find a mistake in the personal data we provide you can request that we update it, by telling us what the mistake is and how to correct it. You can also ask us to delete your personal data if you no longer wish us to store and use it.
You also have the right to tell us not to use your personal data in our business operations until mistakes in it are corrected, if you believe our use of your personal data is illegal, or if you do not wish us to delete your data for legal reasons but you do not want us to use it while we have it.
Whenever you contact us to exercise your legal rights described above we will respond to you in a timely fashion, and within one month at the most. If we reasonably believe we cannot fulfill your request we will provide you full details of why we cannot, and of the options available to you under law if you disagree with us.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions on your rights as a data subject or the processing made by Huawei, please contact our Data Protection Officer via UKIPrivacy@huawei.com. If you think that Huawei is not processing your personal data in accordance with this privacy statement or data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint at the data protection authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) in the UK. For further information on your rights and how to complain to the ICO, please refer to the ICO’s website: www.ico.org.uk.
h) Updates to this statement
Huawei reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice, and will note the date of its most recent revision below. If we make significant changes to this Privacy Notice, and where required by applicable law, we will either notify you by prominently posting a notice of such change or directly send you a notification.
The Prize Promotion may be promoted on third party platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This privacy notice does not cover your use of these platforms. You should instead refer to the privacy notice of the relevant platform operator.