The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland. 18+ only. Enter on and between: 31.01.18 & 06.03.18 inclusive. Normal entry restrictions apply. No purchase necessary. Internet access is required. To Enter: Go to http://huaweibursary.com/UK , enter your personal details & answer the question ‘What would you do with the Make it Possible Bursary?’ Maximum 500 words and 1 image. The Prizes:1 bursary of £20000 and 2 runners up prizes of 2, £5000 bursaries. Maximum 1 entry per person.
Full Terms and Conditions
1. This Competition is only open to legal residents of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland aged 18 or over, except employees of Huawei Technologies (UK) Co. Ltd, the companies or organisations with whom the Competition or offer is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the Competition.
2. No purchase necessary.
3. Competition Period. This Competition starts on 31st January 2018 and closes on 6th March 2018. The Competition Period has three phases, see table below for details:
Opens: 31.1.18 – 08:00
Closes: 06.03.18 -11:59
w/c 19.03.18 - 06.04.18
3: Winners contacted
4. How to enter: Go to http://huaweibursary.com/UK , enter your personal details (name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth and social media handles) & answer the question ‘What would you do with the “Make it Possible Bursary”? ‘using no more than 500 words and 1 image to reflect your entry.
5. Further entry details:
a. Entrants must only submit words and images that are their own work;
b. Entrants must not upload images which have been previously published or won an award or prize via a promotion run by the Huawei or any other entity; and
c. Entrants must only upload images that do not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, ownership, copyrights, trademarks, patents, logos, licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other intellectual property rights.
d. Entrants must have consent from anyone featured in the image before they enter the competition.
6. All entries must be received by the end of the Competition Period (6th March 2018) to be valid and no liability is accepted for illegible, incomplete or late entries.
7. Maximum one entry per person during the full Competition Period.
8. The winner and runners up agree to the use of their name, photograph/image/likeness and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests of Promoter and/or its affiliates and authorized agents relating to any post-winning publicity. The winners and runners up hereby grant the Promoter and its affiliates and authorised agents permission to use their name, image, likeness or otherwise, throughout the world, in all and any media including interviews, such party’s printed publications, presentations, promotional materials, on the party’s websites in the advertising of the party’s goods, products or services; such permission shall be granted free of charge and in perpetuity.
9. The Prize: First prize is one £20000 bursary and there are two runners up prizes of £5000 bursaries. 3 prizes in total.
10. Payment to the winner and runners up will be made within 30 days of winner acceptance of the win to be made by the administrators (see point 6). The winner and runners up will need to provide bank details for bursaries to be completed via bank transfer. No charge will be made for delivery. Such payment will be made by the Administrator of behalf of the Promoter.
11. Winner Selection: One (1) bursary of £20000 for the best entry and two (2) bursaries of £5000 for the two next best runners up will be awarded based on a review by a judging panel (of which at least one member will be independent), who will select entries that capture the following judging criteria:
· Fully explain how the bursary would be spent and how by being awarded the bursary, will be life-changing for the recipient.
· Provide timings for how the bursary would be spent.
· Provide an image that represents the application.
12. A maximum of one prize can be won per person.
13. Prizes are as stated only. However, the promoter has the full and free right to alter arrangements or Prizes in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
14. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, such as cancellation or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may at its sole discretion substitute the Prize (or any part of the prize) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control. There is no cash alternative to the prize (or any part of the prize) and unless the Promoter agrees otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
15. Moderation: The Promoter will reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. contains any content that is offensive or could reflect negatively on the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
b. includes trademarks, logos, or copyright material not owned by you or used without the rights owner's prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.);
c. defames, misrepresents, or insults other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Promoter (including its partners); and
d. promotes any political agenda.
16. Winner Notification: Winners will be notified by email within 5 days of the Winner Selection. Winners must reply within 14 days to confirm eligibility and acceptance of their prize. If a winner is not contactable during this time or fails to respond to initial winner notification within 14 days of the notification, the Prize may be reallocated by the Promoter to a reserve winner selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have a shorter time period to respond, but this will be made clear during the winner communication. Entrants who have not won a Prize will not receive notification.
17. The Promoter is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, technical difficulties associated therewith.
18. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Competition. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant’s entries into the draw in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Competition, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any Prize award will be void.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any entry from the Competition at any time if they have reason to believe that the entrant is on breach of these Terms and Conditions.
21. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting or participating in any prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
22. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
23. All entrants to the Competition are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and agreed to be bound by them and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise.
24. If you are a winner or runner up of this Competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, winning entry and county of residence to announce the winners of this Competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
25. If a participant is excluded, prizes and benefits may be subsequently revoked and reclaimed. In this case, a new winner will be determined pursuant to the procedure in sections 10 & 11.
26. The promoter's decisions regarding all promotional matters will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these terms and conditions at any stage, but will endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
28. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
29. The winners’ and runners up names and counties will be available by sending an email to HuaweiUK@redconsultancy.com after the 01.04.18 and will be available for 8 weeks.
30. This competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
31. This Promoter of this competition is HUAWEI Technologies (UK) Co. Ltd, 300 South Oak Way, Green Park, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 6UF and Administered by Red Consultancy.