Statement About Huawei Community and Privacy
Huawei Community is a community forum service provided by Huawei Technologies (Australia) Pty Ltd., a Huawei company with its registered office address at 799 Pacific Hwy, Chatswood NSW 2067, (hereinafter referred to as "we", “us” or "Huawei").
1. What data do we collect about you?
As part of the Huawei Community we will collect and use your personal data only for the purposes stated in this notice. Personal data means any information that enables Huawei to identify you as a user.
We collect and process the following data:
- HUAWEI ID information such as ID, avatar and nickname, which will be displayed in your posts, messages, comments, likes and etc. Other personal information such as name, gender and etc. are collected in HUAWEI ID and not used in Huawei Community. We use HUAWEI ID as the account to login Huawei Community. The data controller of HUAWEI ID is Aspiegel Limited, a Huawei affiliate based in Ireland.
- Personal forum information such as posts, comments, votes, messages and likes.
- Google, Facebook and Twitter avatars and nicknames if you use social-sign in and share information on your social media from Huawei Community.
The legal basis for our processing of your data is contract fulfillment. If you refuse the collection and processing of your personal data, you will be unable to use services on the Huawei Community.
The legal basis for our processing of your data is contract fulfillment and in our legitimate interests to conduct prize promotions or competitions on Huawei Community. If you refuse the collection and processing of your personal data, you will be unable to use services or participate in activities on Huawei Community.
2. How do we use your data?
Huawei uses your personal data as necessary to facilitate your participation in Huawei Community and each requested activity, such as log-in, post, like, follow, share, and private message. We also process your personal data as necessary for associated customer support, trouble shooting and forum environment maintenance.
If we conduct prize promotions or competitions on Huawei Community, your personal data is processed for the contract fulfilment (prize promotion or competition terms and conditions) and in our legitimate interests to manage such promotions and competitions.
We use your Facebook, Twitter, or Google avatar and nickname for quick login to your Facebook, Twitter and Google Accounts for sharing information from Huawei Community.
Huawei Community uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. to analyze user data.
3. How long do we store your data?
We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes defined in this notice. After the retention period expires, we will delete or anonymize your personal data, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
You can view the published information and delete them in the User Center. You can access the User Center by tapping the profile picture icon.
When you delete your HUAWEI ID account, the corresponding personal information will be deleted, including your ID, nickname, avatar, posts, comments, votes, messages, likes and etc. If you do not want to use the Huawei Community, you can deregister your account in the User Center.
In the Huawei Community service, your personal data will be retained until your HUAWEI ID is deregistered or you require to delete the data.
4. Do we share your data?
We store your personal data in Germany. We share your personal data in the following ways:
- Your personal data is shared with our suppliers to provide data hosting and IT support in Australia. Our suppliers have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by contract, and will not process your personal data for any other purposes.
- Your Huawei Community visiting information (cookies) will be provided to Google Inc.
- Disclosures related to legal requirements and business transactions. Huawei may share your data in response to a legal process or request from a competent authority based on an applicable law or in connection with legal proceeding or process. Your data may also be disclosed as part of merger, acquisition, sale of assets (such as service agreements) or transition of service to a Huawei group or other company.
5. What are your rights and choices?
You have the following rights and choices:
How to exercise your rights?
You can access basic information, such as avatar and nickname, in the account center of HUAWEI ID. You can also go to User Center, and you can check your points, posts, comments, votes, private messages and system information.
Enter the account center of HUAWEI ID from the User Center in Huawei Community, to access the personal information interface, and then set your HUAWEI ID information.
6. How to contact us?
If you want to exercise your privacy rights, have privacy issues, want to lodge a privacy complaint or want to raise a general data protection enquiry, please click our Data Subject Right page. You also have the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
7. How do we update this notice?
If Huawei changes the way your personal data is processed, we will inform you about relevant changes in advance, through appropriate methods, such as message and publication on the website, so you are aware of these changes in due time.
Latest update: June, 2020
IMPORTANT: This privacy statement is a privacy commitment of Huawei Community application. If you want to learn more please read Huawei Consumer Business Privacy Statement.