Latest update: June 10, 2019
This Privacy Notice applies to the processing of your personal data when you contact Huawei Support through live chat, email, postal repair service, our hotline, or by direct message through our official social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
The data controller for Huawei Support is Huawei Technologies (Ireland) Co., Ltd., a Huawei company incorporated in the Republic of Ireland and having its registered office at 3rd Floor Mespil Court, Mespil Road, D04 E516, Ireland (hereinafter referred to as "we" or "Huawei").
We understand the importance of your privacy. Please take the time to read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand how we process your personal data.
This Privacy Notice describes:
As part of Huawei Support we will collect and use your personal data for the purpose of resolving your Huawei Support query.
We collect and process the following types of personal data that you provide in relation to your Huawei Support query:
- Name, user ID and/or nickname,
- contact details (email, phone number, postal address),
- device identifiers, including the serial number of your device,
- copy of your proof of purchase, and
- any personal data contained in the content of your Huawei Support query.
We use the above personal data in order to resolve your Huawei Support query, on the basis of our and your legitimate interests to assist you with your questions and queries, troubleshooting, FAQs, and other information about our customer services.
We will use your personal data so that we can fulfil our contractual obligations to you, in particular provide in-warranty services to you under Huawei’s limited warranty which can be found at: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/warranty-policy/.
Additionally, unless you object, we will use your personal data for marketing purposes, including inviting you to complete customer satisfaction surveys and feedback questionnaires.
(1) Sharing with service providers: We use service providers to help run Huawei Support. They will have access to your personal data only as required to fulfil their contractual obligations to us in providing services for Huawei Support. Our services providers have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions, and will not process your personal data for any other purposes.
(2) Sharing with group companies: In order to improve Huawei’s voice recognition technology, on the basis of our legitimate interests, we share our hotline call recordings with our artificial intelligence team (AI) in our affiliated company Huawei Technologies (Russia) Co., Ltd. Only short sections of call recordings, which do not contain any personal data, are used to train an AI algorithm to recognise natural speech patterns. No identifying personal data is used, and the depersonalised data is securely stored on UK servers, not used for any other purposes by Huawei Technologies (Russia) Co., Ltd., and deleted within 12 months or less.
(3) Legal or regulatory disclosures: Huawei may share your data where there is a reasonable requirement to do so, for example, to meet requirements of applicable law and regulation, or in response to requests from regulators, courts or government agencies.
Your personal data are stored in the EU. Huawei complies with applicable legal requirements to safeguard EU personal data accessed outside of the EEA, specifically by entering into EU standard contractual clauses to ensure that an equivalent level of data protection applies to your personal data even where EU data protection law does not directly apply.
We retain your personal data for up to 24 months from the date of your Huawei Support query.
We implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal data from unauthorised access, disclosure, use, modification, or loss, in particular by employing cryptographic technologies, data segregation, and multi factor authentication.
To exercise the rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection or portability in relation to your data, to contact our Data Protection Officer, or if you have any complaint or query about how Huawei processes your personal data, submit your query here.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Huawei Technologies Düsseldorf GmbH
You also have the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
If we update this Privacy Notice, we will let you know in advance about any material changes that will affect how your personal data are process, by emailing you.
The most current version of this Privacy Notice will always be available here. You can check the “effective date” posted at the top to see when this Privacy Notice was last updated.
IMPORTANT: This Privacy Notice applies to Huawei Support. For our privacy commitments in relation to other products and services, please see the applicable privacy notice of those products and services. If you want to learn more about Huawei’s privacy commitments in general, please read our Huawei Consumer Business Privacy Statement.