HUAWEI Express Repair Service Term
1. Postal repair service only eligible for premium models.
2. Upon request from HUAWEI, the Consumer may be required to provide the purchase receipt or other documentation or information in respect of the date and place of purchase. In the event that the information is not presented or if it is incomplete or illegible, HUAWEI reserves the right to refuse the Warranty service.
3. This Warranty does not cover damage resulting from:
1) Normal wear and tear of the equipment.
2) Defects and damages due to the equipment being used other than in a normal and customary manner.
3) Any unauthorized disassembly, repair, alteration or modifications being carried out.
4) Misuse, abuse, negligence or accident howsoever caused.
5) Defects or damage arising from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, or any alteration or modification.
6) Defects or damage due to spillage of food or liquids, corrosion, rust or the use of wrong voltage.
7) Scratches or damage to plastic surfaces and all other externally exposed parts that are due to normal customer use.
4. This warranty will be null and void in any of the following events:
1) If the serial number or warranty seal on the equipment has been defaced or removed.
2) If any term contained in this warranty has been altered or modified in any way without the prior written consent of HUAWEI.
3) Without any proof of purchase.
5. This warranty applies only to the hardware components of the Product as originally supplied and does not apply to any software or other equipment that are owned by HUAWEI or third parties or third parties for which an end-user license agreement or separate warranty/guarantee statements or exclusions are provided or intended to apply.
6. By providing your device to the Authorized Service Centre, it is your responsibility to backup all existing data from your device and ensure the following:
a. Remove any SIM card and/or storage card from the device;
b. Erase all personal data and files contained in the device in whatever format including but not limited to SMS, photos, videos, emails, documents and other data from the device; and,
c. Deactivate any pass-code, lock or equivalent feature from the device.
7. Huawei and its Authorized Service Centre shall not be responsible for any loss of data, software, or applications within the device. By accepting service on your device, you have agreed to waive, indemnify and hold Huawei and its Authorized Service Centre harmless of any claim and liability caused by the damage or loss of any personal data or information contained in the device and/or breach of any laws and regulations, arising from or connected with the data or information stored in the device.
8. By providing us your personal information to perform the service, you are giving us consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information under the terms of this policy and subject to any relevant privacy and data protection laws in Malaysia including the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 which includes but not limited to the purpose of carrying out the service, gathering of surveys, analyses and product improvements. The performance of the service may further include the transfer of your personal information outside of Malaysia including but not limited to our head office, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Shenzhen, China, our offshore subsidiaries, and/or affiliates.
9. For more details of our personal data protection policy, please refer to: http://consumer.huawei.com/ph/privacy-policy/