Statement About Commercial consulting and Privacy
Last updated: 14 January 2022
The "Commercial Consulting" requirement submission questionnaire is operated by Huawei Device Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "we" or "Huawei"), so that we can obtain your purchase intention in a timely manner and effectively contact and communicate with you. Huawei attaches great importance to your personal information and privacy protection. We will provide appropriate security protection measures for your personal information in accordance with legal requirements and mature security standards in the industry.
This Statement describes:
1 What Data Do We Collect About You?
In the Commercial Consulting services, we shall collect and use your personal data only for the purposes stated in this Statement. Personal data refers to any data that enables us to identify you as a user.
We will collect and process the following data:
- Contact Information, including name, telephone, work mailbox, company, position(optional)
2 How Do We Use Your Data?
In order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract, as well as to fulfill our contractual obligations, Huawei will process and use your personal data for business communication.
In addition, with your prior consent, Huawei will process your personal data for marketing purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time in the marketing email we send.
3 How Long Do We Store Your Data?
We will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes defined in this Statement.
The specific retention time of your personal data in relation to Commercial Consulting is set out below:
- Personal data processed for business communication, will be retained for up to two (2) years from the date of your last interaction with us.
- Personal data processed for marketing purposes, will be retained for twelve (12) months from the date of collection, unless you object to such processing.
Once the retention period expires, we will delete or anonymize your personal data, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
4 How Do We Share Your Data?
We may share your data in the following circumstances:
- Our business operations may require us to access your data from Singapore based on the country/region you are in. Our maintenance operations may require us to access your data from China.
- We may also share your data in response to a legal process or request from a competent authority according to applicable laws or in connection with a legal proceeding or process.
- Your data may also be disclosed as part of a merger, acquisition, sale of assets (such as service agreements), or transfer of services to a Huawei group entity or another company.
5 What Are Your Rights and Options?
To exercise the rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection or portability in relation to your data, to contact our DPO, or if you have any complaint or query about how Huawei processes your personal data, submit your query [https://consumer.huawei.com/sg/legal/privacy-policy/].
6 How to Contact Us?
For any questions, you can contact us through the following details:
800-852-6666 (Toll Free)
9:00am to 9:00pm Daily
English, Mandarin, Malay
If you need to exercise your privacy rights, lodge a complaint, or consult with our Data Protection Officer (DPO) about privacy protection, please visit the Privacy Questions page.
If you believe that we are not processing your personal data in accordance with this Statement or the applicable data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your country/region.
7 How Do We Update this Statement?
We encourage you to regularly check for the latest version of this Statement in the app settings as we may update it from time to time. In the event of material changes to this Statement, we will notify you by means of notification dialogs, emails, and so on, depending on the nature of the change.
IMPORTANT: This privacy statement is a privacy commitment of Commercial Consulting. If you want to learn more please read Huawei Consumer Business Privacy Statement.