Nothing is displayed when the monitor is connected to a computer, phone, or tablet
|Nothing is displayed when the monitor is connected to a computer, phone, or tablet|
Nothing is displayed when the monitor is powered on and connected to a computer, phone, or tablet.
This issue may be caused by the computer status and cable connection. Refer to the following possible reasons:
1. The computer, phone, or tablet is not powered on or is in hibernation mode.
2. The original signal cable is not used, or the signal cable (DP/HDMI/USB-C) of the monitor or the connected device is not connected properly.
3. The device connected to the monitor is not working properly.
4. The USB-C port on certain devices does not support displaying images.
5. A USB-C to USB-A cable that does not support projection is used for projection.
Step 1: Make sure that the device connected to the monitor is working properly.
Step 2: Use the standard signal cable (DP/USB-C) of the monitor and ensure that the cable is inserted properly. If a non-standard signal cable is used, ensure that the cable works properly on other devices.
Step 3: Connect the device to another monitor and check whether the display is normal.
Step 4: Contact the device vendor to check whether the USB-C port supports projection if the monitor cannot display only when connected to a device using a USB-C port.
Step 5: Use the standard USB-C to USB-C or DP cable if you want to use a USB-C port on the monitor for projection. The USB-C to USB-A cable does not support projection. If you need to use an HDMI cable, you are advised to use an HDMI 2.0 cable or a later version.
If the issue persists, call the customer service hotline or arrange a door-to-door service.