Latest update: June 2021
The data controller of Huawei Promo is Huawei Technologies (UK) Co., Ltd., a company incorporated in England and Wales and having its registered office at 300 South Oak Way, Green Park, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 6AD (hereinafter referred to as "we" or "Huawei").
We understand the importance of your privacy. Please take the time to read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand how we will use your personal data.
1. How Huawei Collects and Uses Your Personal Data
As part of the services we will collect and use your personal data only for the purposes stated in this statement.
On the basis of our contractual performance in providing you with the service we need to collect and process the following information:
· HUAWEI ID account information: If you log in using your HUAWEI ID, the username, email address, phone number and profile picture registered with that HUAWEI ID account will be shared with us by a Huawei affiliated company Aspiegel SE, who is the data controller of your HUAWEI ID.
· Identity information, including name, address, phone number(s), and email address, claim ID, for identification and verification of claims and to deliver your free promotional gift (where applicable);
· For cash back offers, payment details, including bank details for promotion fulfilment; and
· Transactional information, including receipts, invoices, serial numbers and IMEI numbers of devices for promotion fulfilment.
· Any other ad hoc information that you choose to provide us to participate in a questionnaire or survey. This information could be about your gender, age group and user experience content.
If you refuse the collection and processing of the aforementioned personal data to deliver devices, we might not be able to provide you with the service.
Huawei will also process your data for the following purposes on the basis of our legitimate interest (provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override such interests):
· Security and fraud control: we use your identity, network information, including IP address information, browser user agent and cookies to verify claims and prevent fraud. Huawei may also collect IMEI numbers from your retailer to verify claims and prevent fraud.
· Product enhancement: we use the feedback you provide by participating in a questionnaire or survey to enhance our products and customer experience.
- Customer services: we process your identity information, and a record of your query by email or hotline to assist you with your questions and queries.
As necessary to comply with a legal obligation, Huawei will process your data, including identity information and transaction information for accounting purposes and tax reporting as required by laws and regulations applicable to Huawei.
With your consent, we use your email, mobile number and/or postal address to send you information about Huawei’s products and promotions. If you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us via the ‘contact us’ form.
2. Data Storage Location and Retention
1. Data Storage Location
Your personal data is stored in the UK and EEA, which is deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
2. Data Storage Retention Period
Your personal data will be retained for a period of 7 years, for accounting, tax and contract purposes. We retain your customer service information for up to 180 days from the date of your query, in order to be able to assist with your ongoing and recent enquiries. After the period expires, we will delete or anonymise your personal data, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
3. Transfer and disclosure:
We use service providers to help run Huawei Promo. They will have access to your personal data only as required to fulfil their contractual obligations to us. Our service providers have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions, and will not process your personal data for any other purposes.
We share your personal data within Huawei corporate group for internal reporting purposes to keep track of our activities and for reference in regard to future projects.
Huawei complies with all applicable legal requirements to safeguard your personal data transferred outside of the UK. To share data within our corporate group we have entered into specific contracts approved for use in the UK, such as the EU standard contractual clauses, to ensure that an equivalent level of data protection applies to your personal data even where UK data protection laws do not directly apply.
In the case of cashback offers, your identification information and payment details will be provided to TransferWise to fulfil making the payment to you. In the case of gift on purchase offers, we share your name and contact details with logistics providers to deliver the gift to you.
4. Your Rights as a Data Subject
To exercise the rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection or portability in relation to your data, to contact our Data Protection Officer, or if you have any complaint or query about how Huawei processes your personal data, submit your query here.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Huawei DPO Office
You also have the right to complain to your local data protection authority, the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”). For further information on your rights and how to complain to the ICO, please refer to the ICO’s website: www.ico.org.uk .
5. Huawei is always here for you: Contact Us
You can also contact us by mail at 300 South Oak Way, Green Park, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 6AD or contact our Customer Service via phone call on 0333 015 1043 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Updates to This Statement
If we update this Privacy Notice, we will let you know in advance about any material changes that will affect how your personal data are processed, through this website or by other means, including by emailing you.
The most current version of this Privacy Notice will always be available here. You can check the “effective date” posted at the top to see when this Privacy Notice was last updated.
IMPORTANT: This privacy statement is a privacy commitment of Huawei Promotion website. If you want to learn more about how we use your data on this website please read our Huawei Privacy Statement.