My tablet automatically displays a black screen or turns off
|My tablet automatically displays a black screen or turns off|
If you are using a non-Huawei flip cover
The magnet specifications of the non-Huawei flip cover you are using do not match the product. In this case, the tablet may mistakenly determine that the cover is closed and will display a black screen or turn off automatically.
Go to Settings > Smart assistance and disable Smart cover.
If you are using a Huawei flip cover or are not using a cover
Perform the following to troubleshoot:
- Restart your tablet and check whether this issue will be resolved.
- Your tablet may automatically display a black screen or turn off when there are too many apps running in the background. Clear background apps in a timely manner.
To clear background apps, swipe up from the bottom-right edge of the phone to the center of the screen to display the Recent tasks screen. Swipe up on apps you do not need to clear them from the background.
- Set the tablet's sleep time to 10 minutes.
To do this, go to Settings > Display > Sleep and select 10 minutes.
- Check whether you have enabled Power saving mode. If so, disable Power saving mode.
To do this, go to Settings > Battery and disable Power Saving mode.
- If your tablet displays a black screen or the screen turns off when you are using third-party apps:
- Check whether your tablet is running the latest version. If not, update it to the latest version and try to see if the issue is resolved.
- If your tablet displays a black screen or the screen turns off only when you are using certain third-party apps, the third-party apps in question may be incompatible with the tablet system. Report this issue to the third-party manufacturers.
- Back up important data and restore your tablet to its factory settings, and try to see whether the issue is resolved.
To do this, go to Settings > System > Reset > Reset tablet and touch RESET TABLET.
- If this issue persists, back up your data and bring your device and proof of purchase to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for assistance.