How it works:
Buy a HUAWEI P30
or HUAWEI P30 Pro
between Dec-18 2019 and Jan-7 2020;
Jan-13 and Feb-2 2020;
Feb-10 and Feb-17 2020
Fill in the Registration Form
Campaign Terms and Conditions
1. In order to participate in the Campaign, you must complete the form, confirm and accept these terms and conditions and be able to show that you have purchased a Huawei P30 Pro or P30 from Rogers, Fido, Bell, Virgin, TELUS (In-store only), Koodo (In-store only), SaskTel, Wireless Wave, Tbooth Wireless, WIRELESS etc. (Costco), WOW! Mobile, The Mobile Shop, The Source and Visions Electronics during the period from February 10-17, 2020. (While supplies last at the participating carrier/retailer.)
2. The company responsible for the Campaign is Huawei Technologies Canada Co., Ltd., a company incorporated in Canada and with a registered office located at: 19 Allstate Pkwy, Markham, ON L3R 5A4, Canada (hereinafter referred to as "we" or "Huawei").
3. You must provide a receipt of a valid purchase according to item 1 and state the phone’s IMEI number. A valid proof of purchase is a prerequisite for participating in this Campaign.
4. You can submit one (1) entry according to item 1.
5. This Campaign is subject to the Campaign Privacy Statement, the details of which can be viewed by clicking here.
6. It should be noted that the network link and data transmitted between yourself and this website are neither completely secure nor confidential and it is possible that information and data you send to this website could be intercepted by others from untrusted connections. Huawei is unable to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the network link and data transmitted between yourself and this website.
7. Registrations can be made via https://consumer.huawei.com/ca/campaign/promotion2020 only from November 26, 2019 – March 31, 2020.
8. After verification, we or one of our business partners will send you a confirming email.
9. After registration and verification, the Huawei FreeBuds Lite will be sent to your registered address. If you have questions regarding lost parcels or logistics, please email SupportCanada@huawei.com or call 1-888-5HUAWEI (1-888-548-2934) (Monday-Sunday 8: 00-22: 00 ET).
Disputes and disqualification etc.
10. Huawei reserves the right to disqualify entries from the campaign without prior notice to the submitter. Such a measure may result from an entry being deemed illegal or in the event of suspected cheating.
11. In the event of a dispute regarding the contents of the terms and conditions, the result, and/or other matters relating to the Campaign, Huawei will consider the matter and then make a decision.
Statement about the Campaign and Privacy
The Campaign is organized by Huawei Technologies Canada Co., Ltd., a Huawei company incorporated in Canada and with a registered office located at: 19 Allstate Pkwy, Markham, ON L3R 5A4, Canada (hereinafter referred to as "we" or "Huawei").
1. What data do we collect about you?
As part of the Campaign we will collect and use your personal data only for the purposes stated in this notice.
We collect and process the following data:
- Name, address, post number, city, phone number, email, IMEI, date of purchase, name of the store where the purchase was made, invoice image. This data will be used to verify whether the purchased phones meet the Campaign conditions, email the results after verification, and deliver the gifts.
When you submit your registration to join this Campaign, you provide Huawei with your express consent to use your information to fulfill your request.
2. How do we use your data?
We processes your personal data for verifying that the purchased phones meet the Campaign conditions and delivering the gifts.
In addition, we retain data for limited periods for the following legitimate purposes:
- Fraud control: We may use the delivery records to check if the delivery of the corresponding gift has been completed and to prevent economic fraud.
3. How long do we store your data?
We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes defined in this notice. After the retention period expires, we will delete or anonymize your personal data, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
For the Campaign, your personal data will be retained for the following period(s):
The retention period of the original data which you submit is six (6) months after the Campaign ends.
The retention period of the delivery records is one (1) year after the end of the Campaign.
4. Do we share your data?
Huawei has taken the appropriate technical and organizational security measures against loss or unlawful processing of this information. To this end, Huawei store your data in our official websites servers, which are located within the EU. Our processing of your data is governed by both PIPEDA and GDPR. We will need to share your personal data with affiliated companies and with our business partners and suppliers for the purposes described above. For example, we may share personal data with a service provider for the purpose of verifying that your claim meets the campaigns conditions and for carrying out the delivery of the gift to you.
We may also share data if we are obliged to do so under law or regulation or, in connection with legal proceeding or process. Your data may also be disclosed as part of merger, acquisition, sale of assets (such as service agreements) or transition of service to a Huawei group or other company.
Huawei will not use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected without your explicit consent or as required by law.
5. What are your rights and choices?
You can contact us by visiting the Data Subject Request Portal, link as: https://consumer.huawei.com/ca/legal/privacy-questions/, to exercise your data subject rights regarding our processing of your personal data, such as access data, delete data, update data, manage your consent, object processing and restrict processing.
6. How to contact us?
If you want to exercise your privacy rights, have privacy issues, want to lodge a privacy complaint or want to raise a general data protection enquiry to our local Privacy Officer, please click our Data Subject Right Portal.
If you think that Huawei is not processing your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice or the applicable data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint with your data protection authority.
7. How do we update this notice?
If Huawei changes the way your personal data is processed, it will inform you about relevant changes in advance, through appropriate methods, such as message and publication on the website, so you are aware of these changes in due time.
Latest update: November 25, 2019
How to find the IMEI number of your phone:
The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is a unique identification or serial number that all smartphones have and it is normally 15 digits long.
The IMEI number can be found on a sticker on the back of your phone, under the battery pack, or on the box your phone came in.
Alternatively, you can find the IMEI number by going into Settings > General > About and scroll down to IMEI on your phone.
You can also display the IMEI number on the screen of your phone by entering *#06# into the keypad.