Back-to-School PC Campaign Terms and Conditions
1. Consumers who purchase a HUAWEI Matebook D15,HUAWEI Matebook 13 2020 or HUAWEI Matebook X Pro 2020 from an authorized retailer (Newegg, Staples, Canada Computer, Memory Express, Visions, The Shopping Channel – availabilities of products may vary) during August 14 to September 10, 2020 are eligible to receive the following gift with purchase:
|HUAWEI Matebook D15|
|HUAWEI Matebook 13 2020||2nd Year Warranty ($199.99 value)|
|HUAWEI Matebook X Pro 2020|
2. If you purchased your device from Canada Computer, please note that you would need to activate your 2nd year warranty kindly by visiting https://consumer.huawei.com/ca/promo/warranty starting from August 27, 2020. Each submission will be verified and eligible purchases will be activated within 7-14 days while invalid purchases will be notified by emails, without excluding or limiting any consumer’s right arising from the statutory warranty (i.e. Residents of Quebec are governed by that province’s consumer protection legislation);
3. If you purchased your device from other authorized retailers other than Canada Computer, your device’s 2nd year warranty will be activated within 7-14 days upon purchase without registration.
4. Consumers if have any question regarding the warranty expiry date of your device, please contact us by dialing 1-888-5HUAWEI (1-888-548-2934) or by visiting https://consumer.huawei.com/ca/support.
5. This gift offer is non-transferable, and cannot be replaced for cash or a cash equivalent. Eligible purchases will receive the pre-ordered HUAWEI product along with the corresponding backpack gift together.
6. For any inquiries regarding this campaign, consumers can reach out to HUAWEI by dialing 1-888-5HUAWEI (1-888-548-2934) or by visiting https://consumer.huawei.com/ca/support.
8. HUAWEI reserves the right to modify or change campaign details without notice.
Statement about the Campaign and Privacy
The Campaign is organized by HUAWEI Technologies Canada Co., Ltd., a HUAWEI company incorporated in Canada and with a registered office located at: 19 Allstate Pkwy, Markham, ON L3R 5A4, Canada (hereinafter referred to as "we" or "HUAWEI").
1. What data do we collect about you?
As part of the Campaign we will collect and use your personal data only for the purposes stated in this notice.
We collect and process the following data:
- Name, address, post number, city, phone number, email, product serial number, date of purchase, name of the store where the purchase was made, invoice image. This data will be used to verify whether the purchased phones meet the Campaign conditions, email the results after verification, and deliver the gifts.
When you submit your registration to join this Campaign, you provide HUAWEI with your express consent to use your information to fulfill your request.
2. How do we use your data?
We processes your personal data for verifying that the purchased phones meet the Campaign conditions and delivering the gifts.
In addition, we retain data for limited periods for the following legitimate purposes:
- Fraud control: We may use the delivery records to check if the delivery of the corresponding gift has been completed and to prevent economic fraud.
3. How long do we store your data?
We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes defined in this notice. After the retention period expires, we will delete or anonymize your personal data, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
For the Campaign, your personal data will be retained for the following period(s):
The retention period of the original data which you submit is six (6) months after the Campaign ends.
The retention period of the delivery records is one (1) year after the end of the Campaign.
4. Do we share your data?
HUAWEI has taken the appropriate technical and organizational security measures against loss or unlawful processing of this information. To this end, HUAWEI store your data in our official websites servers, which are located within the EU. Our processing of your data is governed by both PIPEDA and GDPR. We will need to share your personal data with affiliated companies and with our business partners and suppliers for the purposes described above. For example, we may share personal data with a service provider for the purpose of verifying that your claim meets the campaigns conditions and for carrying out the delivery of the gift to you.
We may also share data if we are obliged to do so under law or regulation or, in connection with legal proceeding or process. Your data may also be disclosed as part of merger, acquisition, sale of assets (such as service agreements) or transition of service to a HUAWEI group or other company.
HUAWEI will not use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected without your explicit consent or as required by law.
5. What are your rights and choices?
You can contact us by visiting the Data Subject Request Portal, link as: https://consumer.huawei.com/ca/legal/privacy-questions/, to exercise your data subject rights regarding our processing of your personal data, such as access data, delete data, update data, manage your consent, object processing and restrict processing.
6. How to contact us?
If you want to exercise your privacy rights, have privacy issues, want to lodge a privacy complaint or want to raise a general data protection enquiry to our local Privacy Officer, please click our Data Subject Right Portal.
If you think that HUAWEI is not processing your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice or the applicable data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint with your data protection authority.
7. How do we update this notice?
If HUAWEI changes the way your personal data is processed, it will inform you about relevant changes in advance, through appropriate methods, such as message and publication on the website, so you are aware of these changes in due time.
Latest update: May 7, 2020
You can find the 16-digit S/N number on the sticker on the device packaging
Your registration has been received and will be reviewed within 7-14 business days.
Website: HUAWEI Support Website
Facebook Messenger:Message Us
Phone: 1-888-5HUAWEI (1-888-548-2934)
HUAWEI Support hours: Monday - Sunday: 8:00-22:00 (ET) [French: Monday-Friday, 9:00-21:00 (ET)]