Find the serial number (SN) on Huawei phones and tablets
|Find the serial number (SN) on Huawei phones and tablets|
What is an SN?
SN, or serial number, is a unique number that records information like the date of production and the warranty status of the product. Each product has only one corresponding serial number.
How to find it?
Try the methods below to find the SN on your Huawei phone or tablet:
- If you keep the original packaging box, find the SN from the label stuck on it (see the picture below).
- If the original packaging box is missing and the phones or tablets cannot be powered on, check the back label coming with the new product to see the SN.
- If the original packaging box is missing, but you can power on your phone or tablet, please perform the operation below:
Method 1: Enter *#06# on the dialer and the SN will appear on your screen (applicable to the phones and tablets that support SIM cards).
Method 2: Check it in Settings. An example is given below based on EMUI 10:
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and touch About phone.
- Locate Status.
- You can find SN from Status.
For phones and tablets running EMUI 8.X, EMUI 9.X, or Magic UI 2.X, open Settings, locate System, then touch About phone (About tablet), and you can find the SN from Status.
Method 3:Query through My HUAWEI app
Open the My HUAWEI app, tap Support, and on the My Products screen, tap My device. Then, you can see the serial number displayed.
My HUAWEI app is pre-installed on your Huawei phone/tablet. If the app has been uninstalled or cannot be found, please go to HUAWEI AppGallery to download it.