on Two Screens
The rear camera layout resembles the shape of a spacecraft porthole and has been crafted by a custom diamond blade, a process that takes 29 steps and 12 hours, with an exquisite contrast between its satin and polished surfaces, giving the look and feel of a luxury timepiece.
The Anti-Fingerprint Feather-Sand Glass with a microcrystalline structure is set to amaze the eyes and feel soothe with every touch. HUAWEI Mate X3 is also available in a Vegan leather version, featuring an ultra-thin layer of delicately-textured, skin-friendly material for timeless aesthetics.
Introducing the world's first quad-curve foldable smartphone — a future-proof design that ushers in a revolutionarily contoured body. Solid as the phone is, its four edges are softly rounded for handling comfort, bolstering an exquisite sensation that lingers with time.
HUAWEI Mate X3's slim and light foldable design takes full advantage of its new-gen multi-dimensional hinge, ensuring compactness when folded and ultra-thinness when unfolded. To further reduce weight, it uses an ultra-slim design around Type-C component, ultra light and strong aluminium and carbon fibre.
As the first foldable smartphone to garner two TÜV Rheinland certifications (Colour Accuracy & Precise Colour Projection)6, HUAWEI Mate X3 brings true-to-life details right in front of you, supporting 1.07 billion colours and groundbreaking HUAWEI X-True™ technology. Thanks to its Intelligent Light-Sensitive Display, the screens deliver a consistent viewing experience, whatever the occasion is. The interior screen's anti-reflection layer keeps the view clear, even under direct sunlight.
Precise Colour Projection
Swipe the screen to create a Horizontal Split-Screen, and start multi-tasking away -- for instance, attending a meeting on top, while taking notes below.
Split the screen into left and right panes to double your efficiency, and even drag and drop images between the two windows.
Save your Split-Screen Combo, with just one touch, so your favourite apps will both show up in a moment's notice. You can also switch between vertical and horizontal split-screen modes to suit your needs in one step.
Put your caller on top, and mute the call, invite others, share the screen, or more with the controls in the lower half of the screen.
Just place the phone on a surface and unfold it to your desired angle18, then start capturing those precious moments.
**Demonstrations are for reference only.
Unfold your phone in Flex-Stop Mode and double it up as a portable electronic gadget, with access to the weather, time, and more just a touch away.
The new-gen multi-dimensional hinge is slim and shows off state-of-the-art materials, for reliable, durable use in the long haul. With the help of a dual-track wing-shaped hinge, HUAWEI Mate X3 boasts a sturdy body when folded19. Better yet, the high-precision cam-drive system, which makes flex-stop possible, is a thrill to unfold as well.
Need It the Most
The phone can keep going for much longer with its 4800 mAh large battery9 and bounce back even faster via 66 W wired10 or 50 W wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge11. 7.5 W Wireless Reverse Charging allows you to charge your other devices when you're in a bind. Low-Battery Emergency Mode will kick in when the battery level drops to 1%, giving you enough power for 12 minutes of calling, or three hours of standby20.
The new-gen cross-hinge cooling system utilizes a unique flexible conductive layer to shift heat across the dual parts of the screen with a 20% larger heat dissipation area21, striking balanced heat dissipation across the hinge. The 1800 W/m·K ultra-high thermally-conductive graphene layer helps the phone keep its cool, even when it's handling a lot.
HUAWEI Mate X3 packs a 50 MP Ultra Vision Camera, 13 MP Ultra-Wide Angle Camera, and 12 MP Periscope Telephoto Camera, which supports 5x optical zoom7, to capture your timeless memories in breathtaking splendour. The fast snapshot algorithm is now faster, to ensure that no moment ever passes you by. Three XMAGE styles — Original, Vivid, and Bright — paint your world in the striking colours that appear in front of you.
- The Vegan Leather version weights approximately 239 g, and the Feather-Sand Glass version weights approximately 241 g. The product weight includes the battery, but does not include the exterior screen protective film or interior screen surface layer. The actual product weight may vary depending on the product configuration, manufacturing process, and measurement method.
- Thickness measurement is of the phone when it is unfolded, and does not include the screen frame or camera bump. The actual product dimensions may vary depending on the product configuration, manufacturing process, and measurement method.
- Kunlun Glass is featured on the exterior screen only.Based on results from the HUAWEI Lab comparing the HUAWEI Mate X3's Kunlun Glass exterior screen with HUAWEI Mate X2's exterior screen. Since the phone contains precision components, please make sure not to bump or drop the phone while using it.
- Based on results from HUAWEI lab tests comparing the HUAWEI Mate X3's impact-resistant interior screen with HUAWEI Mate X2's interior screen. Since the phone contains precision components, please make sure not to bump or drop the phone while using it.
- The Switzerland's SGS Five-star Reliability Certifications refer to the Switzerland's five-star drop-resistance certification for the Kunlun Glass exterior screen and the Switzerland's five-star impact-resistance certification for the impact-resistant interior screen. Based on results from HUAWEI lab tests. Since the phone contains precision components, please make sure not to bump or drop the phone while using it.
- TÜV Rheinland Certified Colour Accuracy & Precise Colour Projection. Among all commercially released foldable smartphones by March 23, 2023.
- HUAWEI Mate X3 supports approximately 5x optical zoom. The focal lengths on HUAWEI Mate X3 are 13 mm, 23 mm, and 125 mm.
- HUAWEI Mate X3 is rated as IPX8 for splash and water resistance under IEC standard 60529 and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions. Splash and water resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance may decrease over time with normal use. Do not charge the phone when it is wet or in moist environments. Refer to the manual for cleaning and drying instructions. Submersion in liquid and the resulting damage is not covered by the warranty. IPX8 rating means that based on certain defined test conditions, the device is protected against harmful ingress of static water at up to 1.5 metres, for up to 30 minutes, meanwhile the temperature difference between water and device is not more than 5℃.
- Typical value. The battery's rated capacity is 4700 mAh. The battery cannot be removed.
- 66 W is the maximum wired charging power, and can only be reached when the 66 W HUAWEI SuperCharge charger and cable are used. Actual charging performance may vary.
- 50 W is the maximum wireless charging power, and can only be reached when the HUAWEI SuperCharge Wireless Charger Stand (Max 50 W) or HUAWEI SuperCharge Wireless Car Charger (Max 50 W) is used (a separate purchase), along with the 66 W HUAWEI SuperCharge charger and cable. Actual charging performance may vary.
- The diagonal length of the exterior screen is 6.4 inches and the diagonal length of the interior screen is 7.85 inches, when each is measured as a standard rectangular, rather than the rounded-corner shape seen on both displays (actual viewing area is slightly smaller).
- The interior screen resolution is 2496 × 2224, and the exterior screen resolution is 2504 × 1080. The resolution is measured as a standard rectangle with rounded corners; therefore the actual number of pixels will be slightly less.
- 1440 Hz high-frequency PWM dimming is available for dedicated lower brightness scenarios. This product is not a medical device, and should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- The screen refresh rate may vary depending on the specific app or game. The refresh rate of the LTPO exterior screen is 1–120 Hz, and the refresh rate of the LTPS interior screen is 60 Hz, 90 Hz, or 120 Hz.
- This feature is only supported in certain apps. Actual usage shall prevail.
- This feature is only supported in certain apps. Actual usage shall prevail.
- After staying folded for 24 hours, HUAWEI Mate X3 is able to stand on its own when unfolded at any angle between 45-110 degrees. These angles may vary depending on differences in usage times and between individual devices.
- Seamless visual effects may vary depending on usage and manufacturing process, and may change over time. Please refer to the actual product. Slight creases in the bending area of the inner screen are normal. Please feel free to use.
- Calling and standby time data under Low-Battery Emergency Mode comes from Huawei lab tests conducted in controlled environments. Actual performance may vary due to differing usage conditions.
- Based on results from HUAWEI lab tests comparing the heat dissipation area on HUAWEI Mate X3 with that on HUAWEI Mate X2.
- Compared to an RGGB sensor of the same size. Data is based on Huawei lab test results.
- 120° is the camera lens' specification. The field of view range may be lower in actual usage situation.
Please do not remove the inner screen surface layer.
The inner screen surface layer is specially designed by Huawei and is an important part of the screen. Removing or replacing the inner screen protective film can damage the inner screen and affect your warranty coverage. If necessary, please visit an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center to replace the inner screen protective film.
Please do not press the inner screen with sharp objects.
Do not press the inner screen with any sharp objects, such as pens or keys. When folding your phone, make sure that there are no objects (such as cards or coins) on the inner screen to avoid damaging the screen.
Please do not press the camera area on the inner screen.
Since the front camera on the inner screen is a precision component, please do not press too hard on the area around it, to avoid damaging your phone and affecting your warranty coverage.
Slight creases or soft sounds are normal.
Soft sounds during the process of folding or unfolding your phone, or slight creases in the bending area of the inner screen are normal. Please feel free to use.