This website is operated by Huawei Technologies (UK) Co., Ltd., a company incorporated in England and Wales whose registered address is at 300 South Oak Way, Green Park, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 6AD and whose registered number is 04295981. (hereinafter referred to as "Huawei", "we", "us", or "our").
This Privacy Notice applies to the processing of your personal data when you contact Huawei Support through our website, live chat, email, hotline, Huawei Support app or similar or by direct message on our official social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We understand the importance of your privacy. Please take the time to read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand how we will use your personal data.
Huawei Support is not provided or intended to be used by minors. If you are a minor and have a Huawei Support query please ask your parent or guardian to raise the query on your behalf.
This statement describes:
What data we collect
How we use your data
How we share your data
How long we retain your data
Your rights and choices
Updates to this notice
1. What data we collect
We may collect and process the following personal data about you, depending on the types of services you use on this website:
(1) HUAWEI ID account information: If you log in using your HUAWEI ID, the username, email address, phone number and profile picture registered with that HUAWEI ID account is shared with us from our Huawei affiliated company Aspiegel Limited.
(2) Contact details: Name, email address, phone number, postcode and postal address, to contact you and as necessary to arrange device delivery/collection.
(3) Device details: Device model, Device Identifier (IMEI/SN), details of the device damage/fault, date of activation, proof of purchase (if provided by you), repair job number and unlock codes of your device, to check whether your device is in warranty, to provide unlock codes if requested by you or your network operator, and for spare parts forecasting and supplier settlement.
(4) Customer services history: Your contact details, and a record of your Huawei Support query by email, live chat, hotline, social media direct messages or in store.
2. How we use your data
To provide you with requested services and to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, we process the following data for the associated purposes. Unless otherwise stated in this Statement, you may no longer be able to enjoy the relevant service(s) if you refuse the collection and processing of your personal data for these services.
(1) HUAWEI ID log-in: if you choose to log-in using your HUAWEI ID, we process your HUAWEI ID account information in order to provide logged-in services to you.
(2) Warranty-Query: to check your device is within the Huawei’s limited
(3) Provide in-warranty repairs: To fulfil our contractual obligations to you under Huawei’s limited warranty, we will check your device is in warranty and repair in-warranty devices. If you refuse the collection and processing of your personal data to check whether your device is in warranty, you will not be able to enjoy the in-warranty repair services.
(4) Repair Status queries and spare part price queries: we process your device details (IMEI/SN and repair job number) to enable you to track your repair status online or to check product's spare part price.
(5) Postal Repair Service: we process your contact details and device details information to make postal repair service bookings for you and enable our logistic partner to collect and deliver devices from your home address or selected collection points.
On the basis of our legitimate interests, we process the following data for the associated purposes:
(1) Customer service queries: we process your HUAWEI ID account information, your contact details and customer services information to assist you with your questions and queries, orders, returns, troubleshooting, FAQs, and all other customer service enquiries.
(2) Business analysis and improvement: we process your device information (IMEI/SN) to forecast spare part management, and to settle in-warranty repair invoices from our repair supplier.
On the basis of your consent or if you do not object, we process the following data for the associated purposes:
3. How we share your data
(1) Sharing with service providers: We use intragroup and third-party service providers, including payment services providers, customer service agents and repair companies. They will have access to your personal data only as required to fulfil their contractual obligations to us. Our services providers have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by contract and will not process your personal data for any other purposes.
(2) Sharing with your network operator: If you contact your network operator to repair your device they will provide to us your IMEI number, fault details and proof of purchase (if provided) so that we can confirm whether your device is in warranty. If you contact your network operator to unlock your device we will provide your device unlock codes to your operator.
(3) Sharing within group companies: To check whether your device is within warranty, we will share your IMEI/SN and proof of purchase with our Chinese manufacturing company Huawei Device Co., Ltd., which records the date of activation of your device. We will also share non-personally identifiable information, such as device model and broken parts, with Huawei Device Co., Ltd., for the purposes of spare parts forecasting and repair supplier settlement.
(5) Legal or regulatory disclosures: Huawei may share your personal data to meet requirements of applicable law and regulation, in response to requests from regulators, courts or government agencies, or to establish or defend our legal rights.
(6) Business reorganisation: Your personal data may also be disclosed as part of merger, acquisition, sale of assets (such as service agreements) or transition of service to a Huawei group or other company.
Your personal data are stored in the EU. Huawei complies with all applicable legal requirements to safeguard EU personal data transferred or accessed outside of the EEA, by entering into EU standard contractual clauses to ensure that an equivalent level of data protection applies to your personal data even where EU data protection law does not directly apply.
4. How long we retain your data
We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary. In particular:
(1) HUAWEI ID account information: We retain your HUAWEI ID account information until you deregister your account.
(2) Your repair service information: Name, email address, address, phone number and your Device details will be retained for up to 24 months from the date of your last contact with us.
(3) Chat record, email content and hotline record will be retained for 180 calendar days from the date of your last contact with us. In other Social media (webapps), chat record will be retained for 90 calendar days.
(4) When you make queries on warranty and repair status, the Device Identifier (IMEI/SN) will be used to check the information. These information will be deleted immediately after use and will not be stored.
In relation to each of the retention periods above you can specifically request for earlier deletion by exercising your rights of objection and erasure under Section 5: You rights and choices. Requests will be handled in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
5. Your rights and choices
|Your right||Description||How to exercise your rights?|
|Right of access||You can receive a copy of personal data we process you.||(1) Please log in to Your Account by clicking this icon here .on the website and clicking Login/ Register. You can access your order information, address information, subscription information, and Community information in Your Account. You can click the shopping cart icon to access your shopping cart. (2) You can exercise your data subject rights|
|Right of portability||You can receive certain data that you have provided to us in a machine-readable format.||If you need to obtain a digital copy of your personal data:, you can exercise your data subject rights here.|
|Right of erasure||You can have your data erased under certain conditions.||(1) Please log in to Your Account by clicking this icon
on the website
(2) You can exercise your data subject rights here.
|Right of rectification||You can have your inaccurate data corrected and incomplete data completed.||(1) Please log in to Your Account by clicking this icon
on the website
Login/ Register. You can edit or delete details in Your Address.|
(2) You can exercise your data subject rights here.
|Withdraw consent||You can withdraw consents to the processing of personal data based on your consents.||(1) If you want to unsubscribe from the electronic communications, in the email you receive, please click the link for un-subscription.
(2) For notification, please go to your browser settings to withdraw your consent in the respective browser. (3) You can exercise your data subject rights here.
|Right to object||You can object to processing of your data to certain purposes such as direct marketing.||You can exercise your right of objection here.|
|Right to restrict processing||You can restrict processing of your personal data under certain conditions.||You have the right to request for restriction of processing of your data here under the following scenarios:
• The accuracy of your data is contested by you, and we need a period to verify the accuracy of your data.
• Your data is unlawfully processed but you do not want to erase it.
• You have a legal claim that you need to establish, exercise, or defend, and you requested us to keep your data when we would not keep it otherwise.
• Your request for objection is pending our verification.
To contact our Data Protection Officer, or if you have any complaint or query about how Huawei processes your personal data, please submit your query here.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Huawei DPO Office
You also have the right to complain to your local data protection authority, the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”). For further information on your rights and how to complain to the ICO, please refer to the ICO’s website: www.ico.org.uk.
6. Updates to this notice
If we update this Privacy Notice, we will let you know in advance about any material changes that will affect how your personal data are processed, by emailing you.
The most current version of this Privacy Notice will always be available here. You can check the “effective date” posted at the top to see when this Privacy Notice was last updated.
IMPORTANT: This Privacy Notice applies to Huawei Support only. For our privacy commitments in relation to other products and services, please see the applicable privacy notice of those products and services. If you want to learn more about Huawei’s privacy commitments in general, please read our Huawei Consumer Business Privacy Statement.