Transferring Data with Phone Clone
|Transferring Data with Phone Clone|
The Phone Clone app enables data to be quickly transmitted between two mobile phones through a WLAN hotspot, without using a data cable or network connection. Currently, the app supports data transfer from an Android or iOS phone to a Huawei mobile phone.
- Install Phone Clone on the new and old phones by referring to Installing Phone Clone.
- If you open Phone Clone for the first time, the Phone Clone Terms of Service is displayed. Click AGREE.
- After you agree to the terms of service, the app repeatedly asks you for certain permissions. Select OK .
Because different types of data need to be transferred, Phone Clone needs the permissions to read the data first.
From an Android mobile phone to a Huawei mobile phone
- Start Phone Clone on the new phone, and choose THIS IS THE NEW PHONE > Android. The page for connecting to the old mobile phone is displayed, as shown in the following figure.
- Start Phone Clone on the old phone, and choose THIS IS THE OLD PHONE. The phone will invoke the camera function. Then, scan the QR code on the new phone with the old phone to establish the connection between the two phones.
If the Wi-Fi function of your old phone is disabled, a message is displayed, asking you for the WLAN permission. Click OK.
- After the connection is established, the new phone displays the "Connected to old device" message, waiting for the old phone to send data to the new phone.
- Select the data to be transferred on the old phone and click TRANSFER.
Do not perform any operations on the old and new phones. Otherwise, the connection will be disconnected and data cloning will be interrupted.
- Wait until the "Transfer complete" message is displayed on the new phone. (When a message is displayed on the old phone indicating that the transfer is completed, the new phone still needs some time to import data from the old phone.) Tap DONE to complete data cloning.
From an iPhone to a Huawei mobile phone
Phone clone can’t clone the local thumbnail. If the thumbnail is cloned to a Huawei phone, the image is shown unclearly.You are suggested to disable the iCloud image sync function of the Apple phone, select download and save the original images, and then transfer them via Phone clone.
- Start Phone Clone on the new phone, and choose THIS IS THE NEW PHONE > iPhone 5 or later or Other iOS devices. The page for connecting to the old mobile phone is displayed, as shown in the following figure.
The iPhone 5 and later support the 5G WLAN frequency band so the new phone can establish a 5G WLAN hotspot with such an iPhone. Other iOS devices support only the 2.4G WLAN frequency band and the new phone can establish a 2.4G WLAN hotspot with them. The 5G WLAN hotspot features a higher transmission speed.
- On the old phone, choose Settings > Wireless & networks > WLAN. In the WLAN list, select the WLAN network name and enter the password displayed on the new phone to connect the new phone. For example, in the preceding figure, the WLAN Network name is ELE-AL00%00%CloudClone and the password is 48627622.
- After the WLAN connection is established, start Phone Clone on the old phone and touch Connect new phone. Wait until the new phone is connected.
- On the old phone, select the data to be transferred and click TRANSFER. A message is displayed on the new phone, asking you whether to accept the data of the old mobile phone. Click Receive to start the data transfer.
During the transfer, keep the screen of the old phone steady on and do not switch to other pages.
- Wait until the data transfer is completed.