This “Platform” is managed by HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES AFRICA (PROPRIETARY) LIMITED, a company incorporated in accordance with the laws of South Africa, with its registered office located at Huawei Office Park, 124 Western Services Road, Woodmead, Johannesburg (hereinafter referred to as “Huawei”, "we", "us" or "our").
We understand the importance of safeguarding your data and your privacy. Take the time to read this privacy notice carefully to understand how we will use your personal data.
The Platform is not intended for use by users under the age of 18. If you are aged under 18, you need your guardian to agree to your use of the Platform and agree to relevant terms thereof.
This declaration describes, in accordance with South African data protection rules (under the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013), the following:
1 What data will be collected?
We may collect and process the following personal data about you, depending on the type of service you use from this Platform:
- Device information: SN, browser information, device model, device operating system version and ROM version, screen size and resolution, mobile country code and language settings;
- Network information: IP address, network type, network operator information, and network connection status, location information.
- Account information: personal data disclosed by Huawei’s affiliate, Huawei Services (Hong Kong) Co., Limited, about your HUAWEI ID, including profile picture and nick name, UID, date of birth, country, gender, your email address and/or phone number.
- Order information: information of recipient (including name, phone number, post code, shipping address, email address, billing address, billing name), and based on which, we will generate an order number for you.
- Huawei Promo information: information of promotion/ claiming recipient (including name, phone number, post code, shipping address, email address, billing address, billing name), and based on which, we will process and verify your claim for the promotion gift/ reward and proceed to action delivery of the promotion gift/ reward.
- Payment information: if you choose to pay by credit card or debit card, card holder’s name, card number, expiry date, card verification value; We will generate a payment number for you.
- Delivery information: shipment number generated by us and tracking number obtained from the delivery company.
- Customer service information: contact information (the name, phone number and email address you entered) and the email content, recordings, chat records.
- Product review and FAQ information: including any of your comments on our products, inquires, ratings, likes and Q&A.
- Service usage information: browsing and clicking records.
- Information for return: name, phone number, pick up address.
- Community participation information: personal post, comments, reviews with a “like”, shared content, private messages and votes in our Huawei Community forum, as well as your Community Nickname and profile photo or photos uploaded from your device gallery.
2 How we will use your data?
We process your data in order to provide you with the requested services based on our contractual and legal obligations. If you do not agree to the collection and processing of your personal data in connection with these services, you will not be able to benefit from the corresponding service or services.
(1) Log-in: If you choose to log in with your HUAWEI ID as a Member of the Platform, your account information is required for us to provide you with the membership services. As a Member of the Platform, you can maintain the contact information for frequent use, manage your reviews, and check the in-site messages and the membership rights and interests. Without the account information, you can still access the Platform as a visitor or purchase products from the Platform as a visitor.
(2) Notify Me: In case some products are out of stock, you can leave us your email address so that we can promptly notify you when the product is available for purchase.
(3) Online purchase: Your order information, shipment number and payment information is needed to process payment, issue invoices, fulfill purchase orders, deliver purchases to the designated address, and to update you of your order progress. If you start the return process, we need to collect the information for return.
(4) Verification: To make sure your order has been fulfilled, to verify and inspect the devices you send back to us for return, we record your device identifier, delivery information and order number before the goods are shipped out for further alignment. We also require information (listed above under Huawei Promo Information) from you relevant to your claim for a Promotion gift/ reward to verify whether you have complied with the terms of the Promotion.
(5) Warranty and repair service: To check whether your device is under the legal warranty period, price of spare parts and repair devices under warranty, we process the information provided to the customer service and device information. We also process your account information, device identifier and customer service information for you to request, book and track online repairs through the website or through our authorized customer service channels, as well as collect and deliver devices from your home or selected collection point.
(6) Community: We will process your community participation information for the purpose of your use of Huawei Community and community environment maintenance.
We process the following data on the basis of legitimate interests:
(1) Handling customer inquiries: If you contact us through our customer service to make inquiries such as price consultation, fulfilment of order, promotions, rights and interests, your order number is usually needed to locate the concerned order. We will collect the customer service information so as to inform you about the result or progress. Other than that, information further required is dependent on your inquiries. We will have no choice but to cease such services if you object to our processing of such information.
(2) Fraud and non-fraud risk control: To ensure the security of payment, prevent theft, fraud, financial security hazards, and malicious network attacks, your device identifier, IP address, account information, order information, and payment information will be collected and further processed. If you object to the processing of such data, your payment will be suspended and you will be unable to proceed with the purchase.
(3) Handling the disputed payment: We will transfer your UID, order information, payment number and delivery tracking number to the payment service provider to facilitate the issuer banks in resolving the disputed payment.
(4) Service maintenance and business analysis: For the purposes of business development, we use your personal information to conduct trouble shooting, to monitor and analyze our services or stock, and to settle with our suppliers on a necessary basis.
(5) Find Service centers/stores nearby: When you search for nearby Huawei Customer Service Centers, we will use your location information. The preceding information is only used to provide store locations, and your personal information will not be retained on our servers after use.
(6) Product reviews and FAQ: You can leave and share your product reviews and questions on our Platform. Log-in is required for us to identify commentators. We will process your account information and product review and FAQ information.
(7) Data analysis: we will process your personal data for statistics and product improvement purposes, including creating aggregated groups based on your service usage information. This enables us to understand our users’ needs, improve the quality and user experience of our current and future services and offerings and send commercial communications based on the aggregated groups.
We process the following data based on your consent:
Cookie: A cookie is a text file that is stored by a web server on a computer or mobile device and the content of a cookie can only be retrieved and read by the server that created the cookie. Cookies are unique to the browser or mobile application you are using. The text in a cookie often consists of identifiers, site names, and some numbers and characters.
(2) Callback requests: If you ask us to contact you, we collect and process, with your consent, your name, job title, telephone number and email address.
In addition, where necessary, we process your personal data to comply with legal obligations, including tax and accounting requirements, and to establish our legal rights.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before your withdrawal. Additionally we will process your personal data as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including tax and accounting requirements, and to establish or defend our legal rights.
3 How long do we store your data?
We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes defined in this Statement. In particular:
- We retain order information and payment numbers for a period of 10 years from the date of transaction for the purposes of after-sales services, and legal compliance to tax, and financial-related laws or regulations. We do not retain your payment information with sensitive nature, such as CVV. If you deactivate an account or voluntarily delete an order during the data retention period, we reserve the right to retain these transaction records in the background until the end of the above retention period.
- The retention periods for personal data in connection with the provision of Huawei online services are set out below:
■ Online service information: chat record, email content and hotline record will be retained for a period of 1 year from the date of your contact with us. Your contact information: name, email address, address, phone number and your device details will be retained for up to 2 years from the date of your last contact with us.We retain your HUAWEI ID account information, your frequently used information of recipient and your rights and interests as a member until you deregister your HUAWEI ID.
■ Huawei Promo information: information of promotion/ claiming recipient (including name, phone number, post code, shipping address, email address, billing address, billing name), and based on which, we will process and verify your claim for the promotion gift/ reward and proceed to action delivery of the promotion gift/ reward will be retained for a period of 2 years.
■ Product reviews that you post on our product pages are presented pseudonymously on our website and are not directly attributed to you and remain posted for as long as such function is still accessible.
■ Inquiries you submit through the product page will be posted online pseudonymously, to guide other users for as long as such function is still accessible.
■ Your personal data used for data analysis will be retained for a period of 2 years.
After the retention period expires, we will erase or anonymize your personal data, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
4 Do we share your data?
(1) Disclosure, transfer and storage of your personal data outside of the Republic of South Africa:
Your personal data generated during your visit to our Platform will be transferred to, processed and stored in Singapore by Huawei’s affiliate on behalf of us and under our instruction.
- Disclosure with our affiliate
To conduct verification and conduct business analysis, the order information, device information and delivery information will be transferred to, processed and stored in China by Huawei’s affiliate on behalf of us and under our instruction and the protection of data processing agreement. Your data relating to your community activities will be transfer to Huawei Services (Hong Kong) Co., Limited for forum environment maintenance purposes.
To conduct service maintenance and business analysis, the necessary personal information will be transferred to, processed and stored by Huawei’s affiliate in Malaysia on our behalf under our instruction and the protection of data processing agreement.
To control Payment risk, the payment risk related data, including device information, network information, account information, order information and payment information will be accessed remotely by Huawei Device Co., Ltd. in China and transferred to Malaysia and Singapore for storage. All such data is processed for the payment risk analysis only and would not be stored in China.
- Disclosure with our suppliers
To respond to the customer inquiries and deal with order related services, your personal information will be transferred to, processed and stored by our suppliers located in the Republic of South Africa and Singapore on behalf of us and under our instructions and the protection of relevant data processing agreements.
We procure suppliers , including Zendesk and Webpower, to help with the dissemination of the electronic communications. Your personal information will be transferred to, processed and stored by our suppliers in the European Union on behalf of us and under our instructions and the protection of relevant data processing agreements.
We use Google Firebase for data analysis and electronic communications. Your device information and service usage information will be transferred, processed and stored anonymously in United States of America by Google on our behalf.
EDM email for User survey or Marketing, Your personal data will be processed and stored by them in European Union.
(2) Disclosure of your personal data within the Republic of South Africa:
- Disclosure with our suppliers
Through our payment service provider, partners or other issuer banks provide you with payment related services on behalf of us, under our instructions and the protection of relevant data processing agreements.
Logistics services providers provide logistics services and process your personal data on behalf of us, under our instructions and the protection of relevant data processing agreements.
Promotion verification providers provide verification services and delivery of Promotion gifts/rewards and process your personal data on behalf of us, under our instructions and the protection of relevant data processing agreements.
(3) Disclosures related to legal requirements
We may share your data in response to a legal process or request from a competent authority based on an applicable law or in connection with legal proceeding or process.
Your data may also be disclosed as part of merger, acquisition, sale of assets (such as service agreements) or transition of service to a Huawei group or other company.
(4) Commercial reorganization:
Your personal data may also be shared as part of a merger, acquisition, sale of assets (such as service agreements) or transition of service to a Huawei group or other company.
5 What are your rights and choices?
You have the following rights and choices:
|Your right||Description||How to exercise your rights?|
|Access right||You can receive information and a copy of personal data we have collected and stored about you.||(1) Please log in, go to My Account/Account page then click your profile picture or nickname to User Center to access your account information.
You can access your order information, address information, subscription information, and forum information on My Account/Account page. You can click the shopping cart icon to access your shopping cart.
(2) You can exercise your data subject rights through "Privacy Inquiries".
|Portability right||You can receive certain data that you have provided to us in a machine-readable format.||If you need to obtain a digital copy of your personal data:
(1) You can exercise your data subject rights through "Privacy Inquiries".
|Erase data||You can have your data erased under certain conditions.||(1)Please log in, delete order information and the information of recipient for frequent use on My Account/Account page.
(2) You can exercise your data subject rights through "Privacy Inquiries".
|Rectify data||You can have your inaccurate data corrected and incomplete data completed.||(1) Please log in, you can click Profile on My Account/Account page to edit your account information. You can click Addresses on My Account/Account page to change the information of recipient.
(2) You can exercise your data subject rights through "Privacy Inquiries".
|Manage your consents||You can withdraw consents to the processing of personal data based on your consents.||(1) If you want to unsubscribe from the electronic communications, in the email you receive, please click the link for un-subscription. You can also go to My Account/Account page then click Subscriptions for un-subscription.
(2) For notification of WEB/WAP, please go to browser setting page to withdraw your consent in the respective browser; For notification of APP, please go to Account page to withdraw your consent.
(3) To opt-out of marketing push messages, on your device please go to Settings > HUAWEI ID > Privacy center > Receive messages on your device; and select No.
|Object processing||You can object to processing of your data to certain purposes such as direct marketing.||(1) If you want to object to the processing of your data for statistical, product improvement or sales and marketing purposes, please contact us through Privacy Inquiries
When making the request, please specify the scope of your objection and provide us with your device information if you are not logged in to the Platform and your email address or phone number if you did not login with your HUAWEI ID.
You can exercise your right of objection through "Privacy Inquiries".
|Restrict processing||You can restrict processing of your personal data under certain conditions.||You have the right to request for restriction of processing of your data through our "Privacy Inquiries" under the following scenarios:
•The accuracy of your data is contested by you, and we need a period to verify the accuracy of your data.
•Your data is unlawfully processed but you do not want to erase it.
•You have a legal claim that you need to establish, exercise, or defend, and you requested us to keep your data when we would not keep it otherwise.
•Your request for objection is pending our verification.
You can contact us via Privacy Inquiries. If you think that we are not processing your personal data in accordance with this Statement or the applicable data protection laws, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with your data protection authority.
6 How to contact us?
If you want to exercise your privacy rights, or have any privacy issues for which you need to lodge a privacy complaint with our Data Protection Officer (DPO) or Information Officer (IO), or want to consult our DPO or IO regarding general data protection, please visit our Data Subject Right Portal.
Our address: [Huawei Office Park, 124 Western Services Road, Woodmead, Johannesburg ].
If you think that we are not processing your personal data in accordance with this Statement or the applicable data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint with your data
7 How do we update this Statement?
We encourage you to regularly check for the latest version of this Statement as we may change it from time to time. If we make changes to this Statement, we will notify you by an appropriate method.
Latest update: 29 April 2021
IMPORTANT: This Statement applies to the Platform only. If you want to learn more please read Huawei Consumer Business Privacy Statement.