Return And Refund Policy
1. This Return and Refund Policy of Huawei Technologies Africa Proprietary Limited (Registration number: 2005/038288/07) (hereinafter, “Huawei”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) governs the –
1.1. Cancellation of your purchases made on the Huawei Online Store;
1.2. Refunds for cancelled transactions; and
1.3. Return, Replacement or Repair for faulty product.
either prior to or after having received the Product, as well as what your remedies are if the Product you received is defective and the process required therefor.
2. This Return and Refund Policy is incorporated by reference in the “Terms and Conditions of Sales” and should be read in accordance with the definitions and references contained therein.
3. Should there be any inconsistency between this Return and Refund Policy and the Terms and Conditions of the Huawei Online Store, this Return and Refund Policy will take preference.
B. Returns of Non-Damaged Products
1. Please note that we conform to the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2009 (the “CPA”) and the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (the “ECT”), and except as provided therein, there is no general right of return.
2. Products which are NOT defective or damaged or which you have found to be unsuitable for the purpose, can be returned to us within 10 (ten) days after your receipt of the Products (“Return Period”), provided that the Products have not been opened and the packaging is in its original condition. You are then entitled to cancel the sale of the Products in terms of Section 44 of the ECT Act within 10 (ten) days after your receipt of the Products and to obtain a full purchase price refund, provided that you may be liable for all the direct costs of returning such Product to us. You have a further fourteen (14) days to send the Products back after your return request is approved. The former period starts after the day you received your Products, and the latter period starts after the day after your return request is approved. You will receive a prepaid return label with “pick up” service which you can use to ship your products back to Huawei without any personal cost. If you don’t use the return label offered by Huawei, you will be required to cover the shipping cost by yourself.
3. All Products that are returned must be in the original packaging and must be returned together with all the accessories and any bundled promotion items provided together with the Products. These accessories and bundled promotion items are only provided under the condition that you keep the Products. To receive your full refund, we recommend that you return the accessories and bundled promotion items in their entirety. If you are not be able to do so, you may have to pay us a proportionate compensation.
4. For the avoidance of doubt, the Return Period is ten (10) days from:
4.1. in the case of a sale contract for one Product: the day after which you, or a third party named by you who is not the carrier, have or has taken possession of the Product;
4.2. in the case of a contract for multiple Products which you have ordered as part of a single order and are delivered separately: the day after which you, or a third party named by you who is not the carrier, have or has taken possession of the last Product;
4.3. in the case of a contract for the supply of one Product in multiple parts or pieces: the day after which you, or a third party named by you who is not the carrier, have or has taken possession of the last partial shipment or part;
4.4. in the case of a service contract or a contract for the supply of digital content that is not delivered on a physical data medium: the day after the conclusion of the contract.
5. In order to exercise your right to return in time, it is sufficient that you send the notice of your decision to return before the expiration of the Return Period.
6. Consequences of Return
6.1. In the event that you return Products, we will immediately refund all payments we have received from you, including delivery charges (except for additional costs arising from your selection of a different delivery method that is more expensive than the standard delivery offered by Huawei) no later than ten (10) business days after the date on which the returned Products have been received by Huawei. Refunds shall be issued to you using the same means as your original payment, unless otherwise agreed upon between you and Huawei. In no event will we charge you any fees for receiving this refund.
6.2. We may refuse to refund you until we have received the Products back or until you have provided proof that you have returned the Products, whichever is earlier.
6.3. You must return the Products to Huawei immediately, and in any event not later than fourteen (14) days after your return request is approved. The deadline is considered to have been met if you send the Products before the expiration of Return Period.
6.4. If you cannot return the Products to Huawei in whole or in part, or only in a deteriorated condition, we shall be entitled to reject your return request or you must compensate Huawei for their value if necessary. You must also pay for a possible loss of value of the Products if this loss of value is due to your unnecessary handling to inspect the nature, characteristics, and functionality of a Product.
6.5. If you have requested that the services should commence during the Return Period, you must pay us a reasonable amount corresponding to the proportion of the services already provided at the time you notify Huawei of your intent to exercise your right to return in respect of this contract in comparison with the total volume of services provided for in the contract.
7. Exclusion of the Right to Return
You do not have the right to return the following contracts:
7.1. Contracts for the supply of Products which are not prefabricated and for the manufacture of which an individual selection or determination by you is decisive, or which are clearly customized to the individual needs of you.
7.2. Contracts for the supply of Products if, due to their nature, they are inseparably mixed with other Products after the delivery.
7.3. Contracts for the supply of Products, which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons and are unsealed after delivery.
7.4. Contract for the supply of sealed computer software, which is unsealed after delivery.
8. Expiry of the Right to Return
Your right to return is subject to expiry in the following circumstances:
8.1. In the case of services, after they have been fully rendered, provided that you have previously expressly agreed and confirmed that it will lose its right to return once the services have been fully rendered. If the services have not been fully rendered and you has agreed that they will be rendered within ten (10) days of the conclusion of the services contract, then you will receive an amount proportional to the services already rendered until the date on which it has notified us of its intent to return from the service contract.
8.2. In the case of the supply of digital content which is not supplied on a tangible medium, if the performance has begun with your prior express consent, you acknowledge that you hereby lose your right of return.
C. Return, Replacement or Repair of Faulty Products
1. Subject to the applicability of the CPA, should a Product be faulty due to a proven manufacturing defect *(See Clause C2 below regarding general exclusions), you must notify us immediately.
1.1. We will arrange for the faulty Product to be returned to us for evaluation.
1.2. If no fault is found, the Product will be returned to you and you shall be responsible for related shipping cost.
1.3. Should the Product prove to be faulty due to a manufacturing defect, you can submit a return or replacement request within fourteen (14) days after your receipt of the Products and we will refund the payments from you or alternatively may offer you a replacement unit.
1.4. Should it appear that a product is faulty, and the Return Period has expired but less than 6 months after your receipt of the Products, we will make arrangements for the faulty Product to be returned to us for testing. Should no fault be found, the Product will be returned back to you and you will be charged a R300 assessment fee. Should the Product prove to be faulty, we may send the Product for repairs, or offer you a replacement Product, or offer a refund.
1.5. These statutory consumer rights are in addition to your rights under the Huawei Warranty Policy.
2. *Kindly note that that the following issues / problems will not constitute “manufacturing defects” and will not entitle you to any repair, replacement or refund:
2.1. Defects arising from normal wear and tear;
2.2. Defects resulting from any unauthorised alteration or repair of the Product;
2.3. Damages to the Product caused by misuse or abuse;
2.4. Damage from failure to operate the Product in terms of the manufacturer’s instructions;
2.5. Damage caused by operating the Products with accessories that are not from the manufacturer; and
2.6. Any/all defects excluded from the manufacturer’s warranty policy.
3. Kindly do NOT accept delivery of any Product that is visibly damaged. Should you accept a Product and thereafter determine that the Product is damaged, kindly report this to us within 24 (twenty four) hours, so that we can assess if the Product damage arose after delivery.
4. Faults resulting from normal wear and tear, including Products that have been damaged or altered in any way either by you, or anyone that is not our employee or the Product's manufacturer, will not entitle you to any product repair, replacement or refund.
5. Under no circumstances will we be held liable for any damage arising from any misuse or abuse of the Products, including any data loss whatsoever from Products returned for exchange or repair.
D. Return and Replacement Process
1. If you want to return / replace a Product you have purchased from Huawei for any reason permitted under this Return and Refund Policy, you must in all instances first notify Huawei thereof to inform us of the reason for your return by completing the following –
If you purchase your Products with a Huawei account, you can use the following processes to submit your return/replacement request:
● Login to your account;
● Click Track Order;
● Choose the order you want to return/replace;
● Click Return / Replace button;
● Choose your return / replacement reason;
● Upload the proofs of unopened package or device with faults.
● Fill in the necessary information for your return / replacement; and
● Submit your return / replacement request.
1.2. If you purchase as a guest, please contact Huawei Customer Service Center to request your return / replacement.
2. You must ensure that the Product to be collected by the courier is packed so as to comply with the following:
2.1. the Product is properly protected; and
2.2. save where being returned due to being Defective, the Product is still in its original packaging, together with all accessories, instructions and documentation (if any), and in perfect condition for the purposes of resale (i.e. the product must not be damaged, scratched or soiled; and
2.3. all promotional gifts or bundled products that were received together with the Product are provided to Huawei together with the returned Product.
3. Huawei is not able to accept the return of any Products which have not gone through the above process. Please treat Products and packaging with reasonable care while in your possession. Nothing herein detracts from any right Huawei may have to hold you liable for any damage you cause to a Product (including its packaging) while in your possession.
1. Should an incorrect Product be delivered to you (i.e. it is not the Product which you purchased), please do not remove the Product from its original packaging, open or use the Product in any way. Kindly contact us immediately, so that we can resolve the mistake by arranging to collect such Product from you and deliver the correct Product to you.
2. Should a Product that you’ve ordered be out of stock, we will notify you thereof, whereupon, in the event of a temporary out-of-stock situation, you shall be entitled either to cancel the order or be fully refunded, or to maintain the sale subject to a later delivery date as may be agreed. In the event of a permanent out-of-stock situation, you shall be entitled to be fully refunded.
3. Where the Product was repaired, we offer a 3 (three) month warranty on the repairs.
4. Should you be entitled to a refund for any reason, such refund shall be effected by crediting your original payment method, within 10 (ten) business days of such refund being granted. However, the specific time until you receive the refund also depends on your payment bank.
5. If the bank card used for the purchase has expired or is no longer in use by you, we will contact you to assist with the manual refund transfer. Please noted that this transfer needs to be confirmed by Huawei’s affiliates in China to ensure financial compliance and certain information will be required to be transferred for verification purposes.
You are always welcome to contact Huawei Customer Service Center by hotline / live chat / email when you return / replace your products. Huawei is always well prepared for the best service for you.
Nothing in this Return and Refund Policy will affect your legal rights.