Huawei operates and manages this website from its headquarters in Guangdong Province in the People's Republic of China. (Hereinafter referred to as "Huawei", "we", "us", or "our").
We understand the importance of your privacy. Please take the time to read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand how we will use your personal data.
This statement describes:
What data we collect
How we use your data
How we share your data
How long we retain your data
Your rights and choices
Updates to this notice
1. What data we collect
We may collect and process the following personal data from you, depending on the types of services you use on this website:
(1) Contact details: Name, email address, phone number, postcode and postal address, to contact you and as necessary to arrange device delivery/collection.
(2) Device details: device model, Device Identifier（SN）
(3) Customer services information: your contact details, and a record of your Huawei Support query by email, live chat, hotline or social media direct message.
(4) Artificial intelligence (AI) Bot: we process your device details and contact details to provide you with the AI Bot service. Please do not provide personal information that is irrelevant to your enquiries.
2. How we use your data
To provide you with requested services and to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, we process the following data for the associated purposes. Unless otherwise stated in this Statement, you will no longer be able to enjoy the relevant service(s) if you refuse the collection and processing of your personal data for these services.
(1) Warranty-Query: to check your device is within the vendor legal warranties at https://consumer.huawei.com/za/support/warranty-policy/ and repair in-warranty devices, we process your device details and customer services information.
(2) Repair Status Inquiry and Spare Part Price Query: we process your device details (SN/SR/mobile phone) to enable you to track your repair Status online or to check product's spare part price.
(3) Postal Repair Service: we process your contact details and device information to enable you to collect and deliver devices from your home address or selected collection point.
(4) Appointment Service: we process your contact details and device information to check your rights and to make contact with you regarding service centers and repair services.
(5) Customer service: We use your contact details to contact you when tracking problems, we collect interactive messages for service backtracking and quality improvement.
On the basis of our legitimate interests, we process the following data for the associated purposes:
Marketing: with your consent, we process your email and/or phone number and cookie data for marketing purposes, including customer satisfaction feedback surveys.
You can object to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes at any time. For further details how, please see Section 5: Your rights and choices.
3. How we share your data
(1) Sharing with service providers: We use intragroup and third-party service providers, including payment services providers, customer service agents and repair companies. They will have access to your personal data only as required to fulfil their contractual obligations to us. Our service providers have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by contract and will not process your personal data for any other purposes.
(2) Sharing within group companies: To check whether your device is within warranty, we will share your IMEI/SN and proof of purchase with Huawei Device Co., Ltd., which records the date of activation of your device. We will also share non-personally identifiable information, such as device model and broken parts, with Huawei Device Co., Ltd., for the purposes of spare parts forecasting and repair supplier settlement. In order to improve Huawei’s AI service technology, on the basis of our legitimate interests we share your anonymised AI Bot chat recordings with our AI team in Huawei Device Co., Ltd.,.
(3) Sharing with third parties: We share your personal data with delivery and logistics providers to deliver or collect devices to/from you.
(4) Legal or regulatory disclosures: Huawei may share your personal data to meet requirements of applicable law and regulation, in response to requests from regulators, courts or government agencies, or to establish or defend our legal rights.
(5) Business reorganisation: Your personal data may also be disclosed as part of merger, acquisition, sale of assets (such as service agreements) or transition of service to a Huawei group or other company.
4. How long we retain your data
We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary. In particular:
(1) Your repair service information: Name, Email address, address, phone number and device identifier (IMEI/SN) will be retained for up to 24 months from the date of your last contact with us.
(2) Chat record and email content will be retained for 6 months from the date of your last contact with us. Hot line record will be retained for 12 months. In other Social media (webapps), chat record will be retained for 12 months. Your AI Bot chat record will be retained for up to 24 months from the date of your last contact with us.
(3) When you make query on warranty and repair status, the Device Identifier (SN/SR/mobile phone) will be used to check the information. These information will be deleted immediately after use and will not be stored.
In relation to each of the retention periods above you can specifically request for earlier deletion by exercising your rights of objection and erasure under Section 5: You rights and choices. Requests will be handled in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
5. Your rights and choices
|Your right||Description||How to exercise your rights?|
|Right of access||You can receive a copy of personal data we process from you.||You can exercise your data subject rights here.|
|Right of portability||You can receive certain data that you have provided to us in a machine-readable format.||
If you need to obtain a digital copy of your personal data:
You can exercise your data subject rights here.
|Right of erasure||You can have your data erased under certain conditions.||You can exercise your data subject rights here.|
|Right of rectification||You can have your inaccurate data corrected and incomplete data completed.||You can exercise your data subject rights here.|
|Withdraw consent||You can withdraw consents to the processing of personal data based on your previously obtained consents.||
If you want to unsubscribe from the electronic communications, in the email you receive, please click the link for un-subscription.
For notification, please go to your browser settings to withdraw your consent in the respective browser.
|Right to object||You can object to processing of your data to certain purposes such as direct marketing.||You can exercise your right of objection here.|
|Right to restrict processing||You can restrict processing of your personal data under certain conditions.||
You have the right to request for restriction of processing of your data here under the following scenarios:
• The accuracy of your data is contested by you, and we need a period to verify the accuracy of your data.
• Your data is unlawfully processed but you do not want to erase it.
• You have a legal claim that you need to establish, exercise, or defend, and you requested us to keep your data when we would not keep it otherwise.
• Your request for objection is pending our verification.
If you have any complaint or query about how Huawei processes your personal data, please submit your query here.
You also have the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
Huawei reserves the right to update this Notice at any time. Should this Notice be updated, Huawei will release the change notice via various channels, including posting the latest version on our official website: https://consumer.huawei.com.
The most current version of this Privacy Notice will always be available here. You can check the “effective date” posted at the top to see when this Privacy Notice was last updated.
IMPORTANT: This Privacy Notice applies to this website only. For our privacy commitments in relation to other products and services, please see the applicable privacy notice of those products and services. If you want to learn more about Huawei’s privacy commitments in general, please read our Huawei Consumer Business Privacy Statement.