How can I improve my router's Wi-Fi signal?
|How can I improve my router's Wi-Fi signal?|
Try setting your Wi-Fi power mode to Max:
Method 1: Through the HUAWEI AI Life App
- Connect your phone to the router's Wi-Fi network.
- Open the HUAWEI AI Life App on your phone, go to Tools > Wi-Fi mode and select Max, then touch √ in the upper right corner of the screen to confirm.
Method 2: Through the web-based management page on your computer
- Connect your computer to the router's Wi-Fi network (or connect the computer to the router's LAN port using an Ethernet cable).
For routers that feature self-adaptive ports, you do not need to distinguish between WAN and LAN ports.
- Open your Internet browser. Enter the default IP address in your browser address bar and log in to your router's web-based management page (check the nameplate on the router for the default IP address) .
- Click My Wi-Fi. In Wi-Fi power mode, select Max, and click Save.
1. Ensure your router, computer, and other devices are kept away from appliances with strong magnetic or electrical fields, such as microwave ovens. Install your router in a stable, well-ventilated environment away from direct sunlight or other strong sources of light. Minimize obstructions between your router and your computer or other devices. Obstructions such as walls between your router and device can affect Wi-Fi signal quality.
2. You can modify your router's Wi-Fi channel through the web-based management page (go to More Functions > Wi-Fi Settings > Advanced Wi-Fi Settings, set the desired channel in the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi area). It is recommended that you separate your Wi-Fi signals by 5 channels or more to reduce interference.
3. You can also utilize the HUAWEI AI Life App's Smart network optimization feature to automatically switch to a more optimal channel (from the web-based management page, go to Tools > Wi-Fi network optimization. During the channel optimization process, connections from existing mobile devices will temporarily drop. However, once the optimization is complete, such devices will re-establish their Wi-Fi connections automatically).