The data user for this website is Huawei Technologies (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., whose office is located at Suite 34-01, Level 34, Integra Tower, the Intermark,348, Jalan Tun Razak, 55000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (hereinafter referred to as "Huawei", "we", "us", or "our").
We understand the importance of your privacy. Please take the time to read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand how we will use your personal data.
This website is not intended for use by children under the age of 18. If you are aged under 18, you need your guardian to agree to your use of this website and agree to relevant terms thereof.
This statement describes:
We may collect and process the following personal data about you, depending on the types of services you use on this website:
(1) HUAWEI ID account information: If you log in using your HUAWEI ID, the username, email address, phone number and profile picture registered with that HUAWEI ID account will be shared with us by a Huawei affiliated company Huawei Services (Hong Kong) Co., Limited, who is the data user of your HUAWEI ID.
(2) Contact details: Name, email address, phone number and postal address, to contact you and, as necessary, to arrange store appointments and device delivery/collection, service supports and communicate with you for your inquiries.
(3) Order and delivery information: Name, email, phone number, product(s) ordered, delivery address, billing address and invoice details. To process your order we will generate an order number and delivery number, and the delivery company will generate a tracking number.
(4) Payment information: cardholder name, card type, card number, expiry date, SMS verification code and CVV code. We do not however retain sensitive payment information such as SMS verification and CVV code. To process your payment, we will generate a payment number.
(5) Device details: device model, details of damage/fault, date of activation, IMEI number, serial number, proof of purchase.
(6) Customer services information: your contact details, and a record of your Huawei Support query by email, live chat, webform, My Huawei App, hotline or social media direct messages.
(7) Community Participation information: information relating to your Huawei Community membership, including your nickname, membership points, rewards history, membership vouchers assigned to you, posts, comments, likes, shares, private messages, votes and any other ad hoc information you provide in participating in membership reward activity or a competition or event on Huawei Community page, such as your date of birth, identity information, your entries submitted via third party social media platforms in relation to promotions promoted and administered by Huawei Community etc.
(8) Service usage information: Device identifiers，device model, browser information，operating system version and device ROM version, screen size and resolution, mobile phone operator country code, APK version and language settings，IP address, search keyword, click activities, URL/page view path, page access time, cookie ID/ session ID.
On the basis of your consent, we process the following data for the associated purposes. Unless otherwise stated in this Statement, you will no longer be able to enjoy the relevant service(s) if you refuse the collection and processing of your personal data for these services.
(1) HUAWEI ID log-in: if you choose to log-in using your HUAWEI ID, we process your HUAWEI ID account information to provide logged-in services. The HUAWEI ID, profile picture and nickname associated with your HUAWEI ID, will be displayed in your posts, messages, comments, likes and your other engagements in the Huawei Community.
(2) Online purchase and delivery: we process your order information and payment information to process your order, provide you with the invoice, deliver your items, and process returns.
(3) Notify you: we process your email address to notify you when a requested item is in stock and available for purchase.
(4) Provide customer service including in-warranty repairs: to check whether your device is under Huawei’s limited warranty and repair in-warranty devices, as well as communicate with you regarding your repair, we process your device details and customer services information.
(5) Book and track repairs: we process your HUAWEI ID account information, order information, contact details, device details and customer services information to enable you to book and track your repair online or through our customer services, and to collect and deliver devices from your home address or selected collection point.
(6) For Huawei Community reward programme or if we conduct prize promotions or competitions on Huawei Community, your personal data is processed for the contract fulfilment (prize promotion or competition terms and conditions). Within the reward programme, prize promotion or competition, we only process the data you provide for the prize promotion or competition or that is necessary for the procedure of the prize promotion or competition. This concerns in particular: user profile to determine the winner, contact details to transmit the prizes (e.g. name, address, e-mail address) and any additional information relevant to the prize promotion or competition (e.g. age, exclusions, previous participations, your entries submitted via third party social media platforms in relation to promotions promoted and administered by the Huawei Community etc.).
(7) Customer inquiries: we process your HUAWEI ID account information and customer services information to assist you with your questions and queries, orders, returns, troubleshooting, FAQs, and all other customer inquiries.
(8) Store appointments: we process your contact details to schedule an appointment for your store visit.
(9) Huawei Community participation: we process your HUAWEI ID account information and Community participation, if you participate in our Huawei Community, including entering any prize promotions or competitions. Your uploaded content will be pre-screened or scanned for potentially content which is illegal, obscene, abusive, threatening, harassing, intimidating, hateful defamatory, objectionable, indecent, vulgar, pornographic, sexually explicit, offensive in a sexual, racial, cultural or ethnic way, inaccurate, deceptive, false, misleading, fraudulent, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise harmful to third parties, or containing software viruses or any form of spam
(10) Fraud prevention and monitoring: we process your HUAWEI ID account information, order information, payment information, information about returns, and device information to ensure payment security, detect and prevent theft, fraud, financial security hazards, and malicious network attacks.
(11) Business analysis and improvement: we process your order information, payment information and device information to measure and improve our services, to forecast stock management, for accounting analysis, and to settle invoices from our suppliers.
(12) Marketing: with your consent, we process your email address and/or phone number and cookie data for marketing purposes, including customer satisfaction feedback surveys.
If we have obtained your email address and/or phone number in connection with the sale of goods or services, we may use that email address for direct advertising of our own similar goods or services. You can object to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes at any time. For further details how, please see Section 5: Your rights and choices. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before your withdrawal.
You can object to the use of your personal data for data analysis purposes at any time. For further details how, please see Section 5: Your rights and choices. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before your withdrawal.
Additionally we may process your personal data as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including tax and accounting requirements, and to establish or defend our legal rights and/or to prevent, detect and pursue potential fraud attempts or cyber-attacks.
(1) Sharing with service providers: We use intragroup and third-party service providers, including payment service providers, warehousing providers, store operators, customer service agents and repair companies. They will have access to your personal data only insofar as required to fulfil their contractual obligations to us. Our services providers have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by contract and will not process your personal data for any other purposes.
(2) Sharing within group companies: To check whether your device is within warranty, we will share your IMEI number and proof of purchase with our Chinese manufacturing company Huawei Device Co., Ltd., which records the date of activation of your device. We will share your nickname, post, comments and private messages on our Huawei Community with our affiliated company Huawei Services (Hong Kong) Co., Limited in Singapore to conduct content pre-screening and scanning. We will also share non-personally identifiable information, such as device model and broken parts, with Huawei Device Co., Ltd., for the purposes of spare parts forecasting and repair supplier settlement.
(3) Sharing with third parties: We share your personal data with logistics providers DHL to deliver or collect devices to/from you. Your payment data will be shared between your payment providers, banks, other payment institutions or payment services to facilitate your payment, including FPX, Financial Process Exchange (Maybank, Ambank, CIMB, RHB, HSBC, OCBC, UOB, BSN, Standard Chartered, Hong Leong, Public Bank)，RHB (Installment)，Maybank Visa/MasterCard (Installment)，Maybank AMEX (Installment).
(4) Legal or regulatory disclosures: Huawei may share your personal data to meet requirements of applicable law and regulation, in response to requests from regulators, courts or government agencies, or to establish or defend our legal rights.
(5) Business reorganisation: Your personal data may also be disclosed as part of merger, acquisition, sale of assets (such as service agreements) or transition of service within Huawei group or to another company.
Your personal data is stored in the Singapore. Huawei has implemented global privacy practices for processing personal data protected under various data protection laws. Huawei transfers personal data between the countries in which we operate in accordance with the standards and conditions of applicable data protection laws, including standards and conditions related to security and processing.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245. You can also prevent Google Analytics from accessing your visit data by modifying the settings in your web browser. However, this may disable certain features on the website. To prevent Google Analytics from accessing your visit data, use the following links to download and install the plug-in for your web browser:
http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. If you activate IP anonymization on the website, Google will truncate your IP address within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will your full IP address be sent to and truncated by Google servers in the USA. On behalf of Huawei, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating the use of the website, compiling reports on website activity, and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website provider. Google will not associate your IP address sent by your browser within Google Analytics with any other data held by Google.
(8) Payment risk control: For the purposes of payment risk control, your personal data, including device information, network information, account information, order information and payment information will be transferred to Huawei's affiliates in Singapore for storage and processing on behalf of Huawei. Such personal data will further be remotely accessed and processed by Huawei Device Co., Ltd. in China for the payment risk control and analysis for Huawei and will not be stored in China for these purposes.
(9) Push advertisement: If you provide your consent, we will use your personal data for our marketing purpose, including for the direct advertising of our similar goods or services. We may also use third-party tools to send you commercial and promotional offers that you may be interested, to invite you to our promotional activities, marketing surveys and so on according to your device information and service usage information, including via email and Push Notification. For more information about our Push Notification Policy, please see: webpush-notification-policy.
However, you reserve the right to withdraw your consent to the above mentioned processing at any time by unsubscribing from advertisements through the unsubscription link in the email, or by referring to the section 5 below on how to withdraw your consent.
We will not retain your personal data longer than is necessary to provide you with our goods and services and to fulfil the purposes as set out in this Privacy Notice. This comprises in particular the following retention periods:
(1) HUAWEI ID account information: We retain your HUAWEI ID account information until you deregister your account, until the service is suspended or your account is terminated for any other reasons.
(2) Contact details: We retain your contact details for up to 24 months from the date of your last contact with us.
(3) Order information: We retain your order information for 7 years from the date of your order, for the purposes of compliance with related laws and regulations.
(4) Payment information: We retain your payment information for 7 years from the date of your purchase, for the purposes of compliance with tax and financial-related laws and regulations.
(5) Device details: We retain your device details for 24 months from the date of your last contact with us or in conjunction with your HUAWEI ID account information during your registration.
(6) Customer service information: We retain your customer service information for up to 24 months from the date of your query, in order to be able to assist with your ongoing and recent enquiries.
(7) Chat record, email content and hotline record will be retained for up to 180 calendar days from the date of your last contact with us.
(8) Posts, comments, likes, private messages and votes on our Huawei Community are retained until you close your Huawei Community account or otherwise delete or withdraw the contribution.
(9) Prize promotions or competitions information: All data will be stored for a period of 2 years from the closing date of the prize promotion and will then be deleted unless there is a legal obligation to store them.
(10）Service usage information: we retain your service usage information for 2 years.
In relation to each of the retention periods above you can specifically request for earlier deletion by exercising your rights of objection and erasure under Section 5: Your rights and choices. Requests will be handled in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
|Your right||Description||How to exercise your rights?|
|Right of access||You can request a confirmation as to whether or not personal data about you is processed and you can, where applicable, receive a copy of personal data we process about you.||(1) Please log in to Your Account by clicking this icon on the website and clicking Login / Register.
You can access your order information, address information, subscription information, and Community information in Your Account. You can click the shopping cart icon to access your shopping cart.
(2) You can exercise your data subject rights here.
|Right of portability||You can receive certain data that you have provided to us in a machine-readable format.||If you need to obtain a digital copy of your personal data, you can exercise your data subject rights here.|
|Right of erasure
(‘right to be forgotten’)
|You can have your data erased under certain conditions.||(1) Please log in to Your Account by clicking this icon on the website and clicking Login / Register. You can edit or delete details in Your Address.
(2) You can exercise your data subject rights here.
|Right of rectification||You can have your inaccurate data corrected and incomplete data completed.||(1) Please log in to Your Account by clicking this icon on the website and clicking Login / Register. You can edit or delete details in Your Address.
(2) You can exercise your data subject rights here.
|Withdraw consent||You can withdraw consents to the processing of personal data based on your consents.||(1) You can unsubscribe from our email list at any time by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of your email.
(2) For notification, please go to your browser settings to withdraw your consent in the respective browser.
(3) You can reject analytic cookies by changing your cookie settings at any time.
(4) You can exercise your data subject rights here.
|Right to object||You can object to processing of your data to certain purposes such as direct marketing.||You can exercise your right of objection here.|
|Right to restrict processing||You can restrict processing of your personal data under certain conditions.||You have the right to request for restriction of processing of your data here. under the following scenarios:
•The accuracy of your data is contested by you, and we need a period to verify the accuracy of your data.
•Your data is unlawfully processed but you do not want to erase it.
•You have a legal claim that you need to establish, exercise, or defend, and you requested us to keep your data when we would not keep it otherwise.
•Your request for objection is pending our verification.
To contact our Data Protection Officer, or if you have any complaint or query about how Huawei processes your personal data, please submit your query here or at the following contact details: -
Huawei Technologies (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
Suite 34-01, Level 34, Integra Tower, the Intermark,348, Jalan Tun Razak, 55000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 1800 22 0086
You also have the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
If we update this Privacy Notice, we will let you know in advance about any material changes that will affect how your personal data are processed, by emailing or otherwise contacting you directly. The most current version of this Privacy Notice will be available here. You can check the “effective date” posted at the top to see when this Privacy Notice was last updated.
IMPORTANT: This Privacy Notice applies to this website only. Please note that your use of the social media platform may also involve data processing operations of the relevant platform and please refer to the data protection guidelines of the provider respectively. In addition, due to the nature of the Internet, contributions published by you on this or other pages of the social media platform are available worldwide. For our privacy commitments in relation to other products and services, please see the applicable privacy notice of those products and services. If you want to learn more about Huawei’s privacy commitments in general, please read our Huawei Consumer Business Privacy Statement.