Online update failure on my HUAWEI phone/tablet
|Online update failure on my HUAWEI phone/tablet|
If you cannot receive system update notifications, see Unable to receive system update notifications on my HUAWEI phone/tablet.
If the system update fails, perform the following steps:
1. Connect to a charger
Connect your device to a charger, wait for at least a few minutes, and check whether it can be powered on.
2. Forcibly restart your device
Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds to forcibly restart your device (or press and hold both the Power and Volume down buttons for more than 10 seconds) and check whether the issue can be resolved.
3. Use HiSuite or System Repair to restore the system
Using HiSuite or System Repair may erase your personal data. If your phone can be powered on, remember to back up your data immediately.
- Repairing the System via System Repair
- Connect the device to a charger, make sure that the device is powered off, and press and hold down on the Volume up and Power buttons. Once the device vibrates, go to Update mode > eRecovery mode. (The Mate 30 Pro/Mate 30 RS does not have a volume button. After the device powers on and vibrates, press the Power button for five times in succession,and enter the eRecovery mode.)
- Go to Download latest version and recovery > Download and recovery to have your device search for available Wi-Fi networks. The update package will be automatically downloaded once you are connected to an available Wi-Fi network.
- Once automatically installed, the device will restart to complete the update. The update may take a short while. Remember to avoid using your device during this process.
- Use HiSuite to restore your phone. (Some phones/tablets do not support system recovery using HiSuite.)
- Install the latest version of HiSuite on your computer.
Make sure that your device is powered off, and connect it to the computer via a USB cable. Press and hold down on the Volume down and Power buttons for several seconds to enter FastBoot mode (a robot screen). If there is no Volume button, press the Power button three to five times in succession to wait for screen-on, and enter FastBoot mode.
Go to HiSuite > System restoration > Continue > Start.
Wait for the restoration to complete. The system will be restored to a default version.
- Your device will automatically restart and enter the home screen. This may take a short while to complete.
If the issue remains unresolved, back up your data, and restore your phone to its factory settings, or take your device and proof of purchase to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for assistance.