Unable to power off, sleep, or hibernate my HUAWEI computer through the Windows Power button
|Unable to power off, sleep, or hibernate my HUAWEI computer through the Windows Power button
The computer does not power off, go to sleep, or hibernate when the user selects the power options from the Start menu (Start > Power > Shut down/Sleep/Hibernate).
- The installation of certain third-party apps or their system faults could have caused Solid State Drive (SSD) problems. As a result, the Windows system cannot be powered off, put to sleep, or hibernated.
- Windows system files (such as hibernation files) are damaged or deleted by mistake, thereby affecting the power options.
- The issue could be caused by Windows system faults.
- Create or switch to a new power plan by following the steps as stated in Create a power plan.
- Back up important data and update the operating system to the latest version by following the steps as stated in Updating to a higher version of Windows.
- Disable the fast boot function on your computer, which may increase the power-on duration by 2 to 5 seconds. The steps are as follows:
- Enter "control panel" in the search box in the lower left corner, and select Control Panel in the results to open it.
- In View by in the upper right corner, select Large icons. Select Power Options in the main menu.
- On the left column, select Choose what the power button does.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable. Deselect the check box next to Turn on fast startup (recommended) so that the checkmark disappears, and click Save changes.
- If the issue persists, back up your data, record your Office account, and follow the instructions in Use F10 to restore factory settings on a HUAWEI Windows computer.
If the issue persists
If none of the above solved the problem, take your device and proof of purchase to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for further assistance. We will do our best to address your needs.