How do I set Parental controls on my HUAWEI router
|How do I set Parental controls on my HUAWEI router|
Your router has a parental control feature. You can set Internet access time limits and restrict access to certain websites to keep your family members (especially minors) healthy and safe.
Method 1: Using AI Life App
- Connect your phone to the router's Wi-Fi network.
- Open the AI Life App, touch the corresponding router to access the router management screen.
- Then go to Add new device. , click
- Touch the name of device to modify and set the Connect, Disconnect, and Repeat options, then touch √ in the upper right corner to confirm.
You can also select the device from the list of Connected devices on the Router page and go to Parental controls to set up control settings for your child.
Method 2: Using the web-based management page
- Connect your computer/phone to the router's Wi-Fi（check the nameplate at the bottom of the router for the default Wi-Fi name, no password) , or connect the computer to the router's LAN port using an Ethernet cable. Enter the default IP address in your browser address bar and log in to the web-based management page(check the nameplate at the bottom of the router for the default IP address).
- For routers that feature self-adaptive ports, you do not need to distinguish between WAN and LAN ports.
- If you are connecting your phone to the router's Wi-Fi network, switch your phone's webpage to the PC-based UI before performing the following operations.
- Go to More Functions > Security Settings > Parental Control.
- In the Internet Access Time Limit area, click the icon on the right, select the device and set Internet access time limits. Click OK.
- In the Website Filtering area, click the icon on the right, select the device and set the websites that you want to restrict. Click OK.
- If you want to restrict the access to a certain website, you can enter its specific URL, such as "www.abc.com".
- If you want to restrict the access to a certain type of website, you can enter keywords such as "abc" to prohibit access of the websites containing "abc" in the URL. For example, "music.abc.com" or "book.abc.com" and so on.