The indicator does not flash when a message comes in
|The indicator does not flash when a message comes in|
Perform the following steps to troubleshoot:
- Check if the phone has an indicator.
Certain phone models do not come with an indicator to optimize the screen experience.
- Check if there is an ongoing call or the screen is on.
The indicator will not flash if there is an ongoing call or the screen is on.
- Check if Pulse notification light has been disabled.
If the indicator on your phone never flashes, you may have disabled Pulse notification light. It is recommended that you go to , search for and access Pulse notification light, and enable the function. (If Pulse notification light cannot be found, it means that your device does not support this function. Please troubleshoot with other methods.)
- Check if the indicator does not flash when some app messages are received.
If the only time that the indicator does not flash is when messages from some apps (such as Messages by Google) are received, the issue may lie with the app in question. In this case, perform the following:
- Open Settings, search for and access Apps, locate the app in question, touch in the upper right corner, and select Uninstall updates.
- If the Uninstall updates option is not available, stay tuned for app updates and update the app at your earliest convenience.
- If the issue still persists, back up your data and take your device and proof of purchase to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for assistance.