Battery life of my tablet is short
|Battery life of my tablet is short|
Your tablet's battery life varies with the battery capacity and how you use it. Generally speaking, the larger the battery capacity is, the longer the battery life will be. Even for batteries of the same capacity, the actual battery life may vary depending on how you use them.
- Comparatively speaking, playing games will consume more power than watching videos, while watching videos will consume more power than listening to music. Additionally, power consumption will increase when you use power-intensive apps or perform complicated operations.
- Running a large number of apps in the background will increase the power consumption of your tablet.
- The higher the tablet's volume and screen brightness are set, the more power the tablet will consume.
- Your tablet's battery life will shorten when you have enabled notifications for apps, GPS positioning, HD definition, and set a high frame rate.
- Also, in areas with weak signal, your tablet will search for the network frequently, resulting in more power consumption.
How do I increase the battery life of my tablet?
- If the battery life is short when you are playing games or watching videos, do the following to prolong it:
1. Swipe down on your tablet's home screen to display the status bar, and adjust the slider to reduce the brightness of your tablet's screen.
2. Enter the Recent tasks screen and clear unnecessary apps from running in the background.
Swipe right or left on the screen and swipe up on apps that you do not need.
3. Adjust the app settings by disabling power-intensive features such as high volume, HD definition or high resolution, and GPS.
- If the battery life is short during daily use, do the following to prolong it:
1. Clear background apps that you do not need to use in a timely manner. To do this, enter the Recent tasks screen and touch the cleanup icon.
2. Go to, disable notifications for apps in batch, and enable notifications for certain apps instead.
3. High screen brightness or resolution will increase the power consumption of your tablet. It is recommended that you go to Automatic and Smart resolution.and enable
4. Enable Power saving mode. Your tablet comes with two modes designed for saving power, including Power saving mode and Ultra power saving mode. Select the one you require.
If this issue persists, back up important data and bring your device and proof of purchase to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for assistance.