An electrocardiogram (ECG) is a graphical recording of the heart's electrical activity. ECGs provide an insight into your heart rhythm, and can help to identify irregular heart beats, and detect potential health risks early.
Currently, this feature is only supported in certain countries and regions. For details, please refer to Countries where the ECG function of Huawei wearable devices is available.
Before you start
- You must use this feature in accordance with the laws and regulations of medical devices in your local jurisdiction.
- This feature should not be used by those under 18 years of age.
- Those with pacemakers or other implanted devices are advised not to use this feature.
- Being in an environment with a strong electromagnetic field will severely affect the quality of the ECG waveforms. Do not start a measurement when you are in such an environment.
- A SIM card needs to be inserted into the phone.
- This product is not a medical device. Data obtained during the use of this app is for reference only, and should not be used for medical research, diagnostic, or treatment purposes.
Preparing for measurement
To use this feature, download the latest version of the Huawei Health app from HUAWEI AppGallery and install it, or update the Huawei Health app to the latest version.
Activating the app: If you are using ECG for the first time, go to in the Huawei Health app, and follow the onscreen instructions to activate the ECG app.
Measuring your ECG
- Wear the device properly on your wrist, and select ECG ( or ) from the app list. If you are using the feature for the first time, select which hand you are wearing the device on.
- Place your arm flat on the table or your lap and relax your arm and fingers.
- Keep a finger from your free hand on the electrode (Down button) of your watch to initiate a measurement.
- During the measurement, keep still and breathe evenly and steadily. Do not speak and do not release the electrode with your fingers. Ensure that the contact with the electrode is proper to avoid excessive pressing or insufficient contact.
- Dry skin can affect the quality of the measurement. If you notice that your finger is dry, wet it with a little bit of water to improve conductivity.
- The duration of a single measurement is 30 seconds.
- After the measurement is complete, the measurement result is displayed on the device screen. You can touch to view the measurement result description. To view detailed measurement result, open the Huawei Health app, go to the Health screen, and go to .
- Please consult with a medical professional about the measurement result. Do not interpret the result or take clinical measures by yourself.
- The feature isn't capable of detecting blood clots, strokes, heart failure, or other types of arrhythmia.
- This feature isn't capable of detecting heart attacks and related complications. Please seek timely medical assistance if you feel pain, tightness, or pressure in your chest, or experience any other symptoms.
- Do not adjust your prescription based on app content without first consulting with a medical professional.