[HUAWEI] Failed to activate ECG on the watch
|[HUAWEI] Failed to activate ECG on the watch|
To activate ECG, the following requirements should be met:
- The age of the HUAWEI ID used to log in to the Huawei Health app needs to be over 18 years old.
- The Huawei Health app is connected to a wearable device that supports the ECG feature.
- A SIM card needs to be inserted into the phone.
- For Android phones, both the SIM card network environment (which is the current location) and HUAWEI ID registration location should be in the countries/regions that support the same type of medical certificate.
If two countries support the same type of medical certificate, it indicates that both of them support the ECG feature and CE marking, or support the ECG feature but do not support CE marking.
- For iPhones, both the SIM card region and HUAWEI ID registration location should be in the countries/regions that support the same type of medical certificate. (For details about how to determine the SIM card region, contact your carrier.)
Authorizing and activating ECG
To use the ECG feature on the watch, it needs to first be authorized and activated in the Huawei Health app.
Download the latest version of the Huawei Health app. To activate ECG, open the Huawei Health app, and go to Health > Heart > Other data > ECG.
If the issue persists, please call the Huawei customer service hotline for further assistance.