My NFC-enabled phone fails to read a physical card or responds slowly
|My NFC-enabled phone fails to read a physical card or responds slowly|
Perform the following to troubleshoot the issue:
- Check whether the NFC settings are correct.
Swipe down from the status bar to open the notification panel and make sure NFC is enabled.
- Check whether the card and your phone are aligned correctly.
Make sure that the card is placed against the NFC sensor of your phone. It is located on the top part of the back of your phone or near the rear camera. You can refer to Quick Start Guide or contact customer service for its exact location. If your phone responds slowly or does not respond at all, adjust the position or height of the card (1–2 cm is recommended).
- Install and configure card-reading apps.
Make sure that you have installed relevant apps. Without these apps, your phone will be unable to read the data stored on the card, and have enabled the NFC function in these apps.
There is a response but the relevant app is unable to read the data.
- Turn off the screen, turn it on, and then put the card against your phone. The NFC tag discovered message will then be displayed on your phone. Touch the message and then select an app to read the card.
- Reinstall the app in question or contact the customer service department of the app.
- Update your phone to the latest version.
There is no response when reading the card.
- Check whether the card supports NFC. It is recommended that you use another NFC-enabled phone to read the card. If the card-reading fails, the card may not support NFC or the card is faulty. In this case, contact the card issuer.
If the issue persists, back up your data and take your device and proof of purchase to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for assistance.