Water has entered my phone
|Water has entered my phone|
Follow the instructions below:
- Do not move or shake your phone. Otherwise the liquid may enter the internal parts of your phone.
- Do not try to dry your phone with a hairdryer, an oven, or any other device that produces heat. Otherwise, the liquid may enter further into your phone or your phone components may be damaged due to the heat.
- Do not attempt to power on your phone. Otherwise, it may damage the electronic components in your phone.
If there is water inside your phone
- Place your phone in a dry and well-ventilated environment and wipe the surface dry with tissue paper.
- Make sure that your phone is powered off.
- Remove any SIM and memory cards.
- Take your phone and proof of purchase to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for assistance.
If there is a special type of liquid inside your phone
- Special types of liquid include but are not limited to: UV adhesive for tempered glass film, alcohol, chemical reagents (corrosive liquids such as acids and hydrates), and oil (such as cooking oil, fuels, and lubricants).
- Special types of liquid can severely corrode the phone's components, causing functional problems such as startup failure, a black screen, and touch control failure.
- In this case:
(1) Place your phone in a dry, well-ventilated environment and wipe the surface dry with tissue paper.
(2) Make sure that your phone is powered off.
(3) Remove any SIM and memory cards.
(4) Take your phone and proof of purchase to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for assistance.
Keep your phone away from water as much as possible
Your phone has been inspected to ensure that its water resistance (not waterproof) performance meets the IEC standard 60529 before shipment. However, water and dust resistance are not permanent conditions, and resistance might decrease as a result of normal use.
Do not place your phone into water while swimming or showering.
About liquid damage repair
- If my phone is damaged by liquid, should I take it to a Huawei Customer Service Center to have it repaired?
- If your phone only came into contact with a small amount of water, put your phone in a well-ventilated environment to dry it out. However, if water entered deep inside your phone, this drying method will not work and it may cause damage to the internal components after your phone is powered on. To reduce possible risks, you are advised to take your phone and proof of purchase to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for a thorough inspection.
- If a mixed liquid, such as sea water or soup (it may become corrosive again when moistened even after having dried), or a large amount of water entered your phone, take your phone and proof of purchase to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for assistance at your earliest convenience.
- How will my phone be repaired, and how much will it cost to be repaired?
It is recommended that you take your phone to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for assistance. For details, refer to the diagnosis results provided by Huawei engineers.
The cost of the repair depends on how seriously the phone is damaged. For more details, visit an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center.
Do not attempt to connect your phone to a charger.