Background apps are forced to close
|Background apps are forced to close|
Perform the following:
Check for updates
The app version may be outdated. Go to Huawei AppGallery or the app's official website to check for updates.
Your phone's system version may be outdated. To check for system updates:
Open Settings, search for and access Software update, and touch Check for updates. If a new version is available, update your phone at your earliest convenience.
Check your phone settings
Background apps may be cleaned up due to your phone's battery optimization functions. To avoid this issue, perform the following:
- Enable Smart tune-up:
- Open Phone Manager/Optimizer, touch in the upper right corner, and enable Smart tune-up.
- If Smart tune-up has been enabled, open Settings, search for and access Apps, and locate and access Phone Manager/Optimizer, then go to . Enable Smart tune-up again when you have a good network connection.
The preceding operation will restore all settings for Phone Manager/Optimizer. You are advised to configure the settings again after performing the preceding operation.
- Allow the app to run in the background:
- EMUI 5.X: Go to . Set the app to not close after the screen is locked.
- EMUI 8.X or later: Open Settings, search for and access Launch, disable Manage automatically for the app, and select Run in background in the prompt window.
- Disable battery optimization functions:
- EMUI 5.X and EMUI 8.X: Open Settings, and search for and access Ignore battery optimization. Touch the little inverted triangle next to Allow, touch All apps, locate and touch the app, and select Allow.
- EMUI 9.X and later: Open Settings, and search for and access Battery optimization. Touch the little inverted triangle next to Don't allow, touch All apps, locate and touch the app, and select Don't allow.
- Disable power saving functions:
Go to Power saving mode and Ultra power saving mode.. Disable
Close background apps you do not need
The memory of your phone may be insufficient when too many apps are running in the background at the same time. As a result, some background apps may be forced to close. You are advised to close background apps you do not currently need.
Uninstall third-party management apps
Third-party management apps may force background apps to close. Uninstall the third-party management apps and try again.
Delete app data
- Open Settings, and search for and access Apps. Go to , search for and touch the corresponding app, and go to .
- Re-open the app and follow the onscreen instructions to enable relevant permissions.
The preceding operation may delete data of some apps, such as WeChat and Travel Frog. It is recommended that you back up your app data in advance.
If the issue persists
This background app issue is common in the Android system. If an app is running in the background for a long time, Android's sleep mechanism and the app's power saving mechanism will work together to stop the app from running in the background. Huawei will continue working on this issue to improve user experience. Thank you for your understanding and support.