[HUAWEI] My watch/band can't receive message notifications
|[HUAWEI] My watch/band can't receive message notifications|
The principle for the watch/band to receive message notifications is as follows: The Huawei Health app reads messages from the notification panel of the phone and pushes them to the watch/band.
- When an app screen is being displayed on the phone, the watch will not receive the app's notifications. For example, when the WeChat screen or Moments screen is being displayed on your phone, the watch will not receive WeChat notifications.
- Notifications can't be pushed to the HUAWEI TalkBand B3 or the HUAWEI TalkBand B3 lite from an iPhone.
- The Huawei Health app can't be installed in PrivateSpace or for sub-users, which will result in notifications not being pushed to them.
- Although the HUAWEI TalkBand B6 can be connected to two phones at the same time, it can only receive the message notifications from the notification panel of the phone that is connected to the band via the Huawei Health app.
- You can receive message notifications on the HUAWEI Band 4e, but cannot view message content on the band.
If your watch/band cannot receive message notifications, check the specific scenario first:
If your watch/band can receive message notifications but does not vibrate or turn on the screen, refer to [Huawei] The wearable device does not vibrate or turn on the screen when receiving a message or incoming call.
In other scenarios, perform the following actions.
Ensure that your phone can receive message notifications in the notification panel
If your phone cannot receive message notifications in the notification panel, perform the following steps:
- HUAWEI phones: Go to Settings > Notification center/Notifications, find the app in question, enable Allow notifications, set the notification styles (such as Sound, Vibration, Banners, Lock screen, Allow interruptions, or App icon badges) for the app, and disable Gentle notifications.
- Xiaomi phones: Go to Settings > Notification management, select the corresponding app, enable Allow notifications, and enable Floating notifications and Lock screen notifications.
For Xiaomi phones running MIUI 12 or later, go to Settings > Notification management > Notification display settings and disable App lock protection/Notification filtering.
- Samsung phones: Go to Settings > Notifications > Apps, select the corresponding app, turn on the switch, and enable Display notifications, New message notifications, Other notifications, and Voice call invitation notifications.
- iPhones: Go to Settings > Notifications, select the corresponding app, enable Allow Notifications, and enable Lock Screen, Notification Center, and Banners.
After performing the preceding steps, the following operations are also required for iPhones:
- For iOS 11.0, go to Settings > Notifications, select the corresponding app, and enable Show in History.
- For iOS 13.0 or later:
- Touch Allow when you pair your device with your phone and your phone displays the message Allow *** to display iPhone notifications?.
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth, touch the connected device, and enable Share system notifications.
- Go to Settings > Notifications, select the corresponding app, then touch Show Previews and Always.
Ensure that your watch/band has been connected to the Huawei Health app
To check the device connection status, open the Huawei Health app and touch Devices. If the connection is abnormal, refer to Pairing and connecting to wearable devices.
Ensure that the Huawei Health app can push message notifications
1. Enable the notification permission for the Huawei Health app
- HUAWEI phones (taking EMUI 11 as an example): Go to Settings > Privacy > Permission manager, touch the three-dot icon in the upper right corner, and go to Special access > Notification access > Huawei Health.
- Xiaomi phones (taking MIUI 12 as an example): Go to Settings > Privacy > Management > Special app permissions > Notifications > Huawei Health.
- iPhones are not involved.
2. Turn on the message notification switch in the Huawei Health app
For example, open the Huawei Health app, touch Devices and the connected device, touch Notifications, enable Notifications, and turn on the switch of the corresponding app.
3. Ensure that the Huawei Health app is always running in the background
- iPhones: Just ensure the Bluetooth connection between the phone and the device is normal.
- Once your phone is restarted, you need to add the Huawei Health app to the list of the protected background apps again.
Update your watch/band and the Huawei Health app to their latest versions and pair them again
Turn off the When not worn switch
Some wearable devices will not receive push messages when they are not worn after the When not worn switch is turned on. In this case, perform the following steps to turn off the switch:
- If you are using the HONOR Band 3/4/5/5i or HUAWEI Band 3/3 Pro/4/4 Pro, open the Huawei Health app, touch Devices and the connected device, touch Device settings, and turn off the When not worn switch.
- If you are using the HUAWEI WATCH GT or HONOR Watch Magic/Dream Series devices, open the Settings screen on your watch, touch Do not disturb, and disable When not worn.
This step is not applicable to other watches/bands.
Uninstall and reinstall the Huawei Health app, restore your wearable device to its factory settings, and pair them again
- When the devices are connected, open the Huawei Health app, touch Health, and swipe down on the screen to sync data.
- To uninstall and reinstall the Huawei Health app, refer to Downloading and updating the Huawei Health app, and log in to the app again using the same HUAWEI ID.
- To restore your wearable device to its factory settings, refer to Collections of restoring HUAWEI wearable devices to their factory settings. (Back up your important data before restoring your wearable device to its factory settings.)
- To restart your wearable device/phone, refer to Pairing and connecting to wearable devices.
- If your phone runs EMUI 8.1/HarmonyOS 2.0 or later, you must allow the Bluetooth message syncing service while re-pairing.
- Restoring your watch/band to its factory settings will clear the watch faces on it. You can download and install the watch faces again from the Watch Face Store in the Huawei Health app.
Clear the Bluetooth cache on your phone
If your HUAWEI WATCH 3 Series device is connected to a HUAWEI phone, it is recommended that you clear the Bluetooth cache on your phone as follows:
On your HUAWEI phone (The following takes EMUI 11 as an example, the actual system version prevails), go to Settings > Apps > Apps, touch the three-dot icon in the upper right corner, then go to Show system processes > Bluetooth > Storage > CLEAR CACHE.