Pairing and connection
|Pairing and connection|
The watch is ready to be paired via Bluetooth by default after it is powered on for the first time. Enable Bluetooth on your phone before pairing.
For Android users
- Download the latest version of the Huawei Health app. For details, see Download and Install the Huawei Health App.
- Open the Huawei Health app and touch phone will then autimatically search for the devices that can be connected to. Touch the LINK next to the target device and follow the onscreen instructions to finish pairing.
If the target device is not in the list of devices that can be connected to automatically, touch ADD, select the target device, touch PAIR, and follow the onscreen instructions to finish pairing.
- When a pairing request is displayed on the watch screen, touch to start pairing. Confirm the pairing on your phone as well.
For iOS users
- Download the latest version of the Huawei Health app.
- Open the Huawei Health app, touch Devices, touch + in the upper right corner, touch Watch, and select your watch's name. For the HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 series (excluding the 42 mm model) and HONOR Watch GS Pro, you need to select your watch's name under Settings > Bluetooth on your phone.
- Touch the name of your Bluetooth device. Your watch and the phone will then be paired automatically. Follow the onscreen instructions on your phone or watch to finish pairing.
- Your watch will display an icon on the screen to inform you that pairing was successful. It will then return to the home screen and receive information (such as the date and time) from your phone. If the pairing failed, your watch screen will display an icon to inform you that pairing failed. It will then return to the startup screen.
- A watch can be connected with only one phone at any given time, and vice versa.
- If pairing failed, refer to I can't pair my band/watch. If your wearable device is lost, refer to I lost my wearable device.