How to reset a phone to its factory settings
|How to reset a phone to its factory settings|
A factory reset will erase all data from the storage space of your phone, including:
- Your accounts
- App data and system settings
- Installed apps, music files, images, and all files in the internal storage
Make sure to back up your data before a factory reset. A factory reset will not change the version of your phone.
Open Settings, go to , and touch Reset phone. You will be asked to enter the lock screen password if it has been set.
Before restoring your phone to its factory settings, make sure that you have logged out of your HUAWEI ID. Otherwise, your phone may not be able to be activated afterwards. To log out of your HUAWEI ID, open Settings, touch your HUAWEI ID to access the account center, and touch Log out at the bottom of the screen.
Turn off your phone before performing the following:
- Press and hold the Power button and Volume up button simultaneously until your phone vibrates and hold for an extra 5 seconds until your phone enters Recovery mode.
To trigger Recovery mode on the Mate 30 Pro and Mate 30 RS that do not have physical volume buttons, press the Power button 5 times in a row after the phone vibrates during a power-on.
- Press the Volume up or down buttons to select the option to clear data, and press the Power button to confirm.
Some phone models will respond to touches in Recovery mode.
- Press the Volume up or down buttons to select the option to restore your phone to its factory settings, and press the Power button to confirm.
Some phone models will ask you to type in "yes" to double-confirm the operation.
- After the factory reset is complete, the phone will remain on the Recovery mode screen. Touch the option to restart your phone for it to access the home screen.