How can I set up the Internet for my new HUAWEI router on my computer
|How can I set up the Internet for my new HUAWEI router on my computer
Your router supports broadband sharing. You can use your router to connect several household devices such as your computer, phone, tablet, laptop, or TV set-top box to the Internet with wireless or wired connections. You can use a computer to complete initial configuration for your router on its web-based management page.
- Setup preparation:
Connect an Ethernet cable from the WAN port of your router to a LAN port on the Internet source(such as a broadband modem or fiber-optic modem). Next, connect your computer to your router's default Wi-Fi network(check the nameplate at the bottom of the router for the default Wi-Fi name, no password), or connect a second Ethernet cable from your computer to the LAN port on your router, then connect your router to a power source.
If the router features self-adaptive network ports, you do not need to distinguish the WAN port from the LAN port.
- Setting up your router：
- Open your Internet browser and enter the default IP address in the browser address bar to access the router's web-based management page, then click Get started(check the nameplate at the bottom of the router for the default IP address).
- Choose Create a Wi-Fi network,and click Next(skip this step if you can not find such an option).
- Your router will automatically detect your Internet access mode. Follow the instructions on the wizard to complete your Internet settings.
- If your Internet access mode is PPPoE , please kindly contact your internet/broadband service provider to obtain Broadband account and Broadband password. Enter your Broadband account and Broadband password, then click Next.
- Once your router identifies that your Internet access mode is set to DHCP, you will be automatically redirected to the set Wi-Fi password screen. If your router cannot identify your access mode, manually select DHCP and click Next.
- If your Internet access mode is Static IP address , enter your IP address、 Subnet mask、Default gateway、Preferred DNS server、Alternate DNS server, then click Next.
- To configure the VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network), enable the Next function on the Internet connection account screen and enter the configuration information. For details about the VLAN configuration information, contact your network carrier.
- Use the internet wizard to set a new Wi-Fi name and password for your router, as well as a login password to log in to the web-based management page.
- Getting your other devices online:
To connect computers, set-top boxes, and other wired devices to the Internet, use an Ethernet cable to connect the device to the LAN port on your router. To connect phones, tablets, laptops and other wireless devices to the Internet, connect the devices to your router's Wi-Fi network.