My HUAWEI FreeBuds series earphones or the charging case cannot be charged or charge slowly
|My HUAWEI FreeBuds series earphones or the charging case cannot be charged or charge slowly|
Charge the earphones and charging case in an environment where the temperature is between 10°C and 45°C, for optimally safe charging. If the temperature is lower than 0°C or higher than 45°C, you may find it more difficult to charge the earphones and charging case.
When charging FreeBuds earphones or the charging case, if the earphones cannot be fully charged, the charging is slow or fails, the charging indicator does not turn on, the battery level does not increase, or the charging icon is not displayed in the AI Life app, perform the following to troubleshoot:
- Make sure that the USB cable is securely connected to the charging case and USB power adapter. Make sure that the power adapter is inserted into the power socket correctly. If the earphones' charging case cannot be charged wirelessly, refer to Wireless charging does not work or the charging speed is slow for troubleshooting.
- The charging cases of the FreeBuds 3 and FreeBuds 2 earphones cannot identify E-mark 5 A or 6 A USB-C to USB-C cables, and cannot be charged using the standard cables of a GaN ultra-thin charger (Max 66 W), SuperCharge GaN dual-port charger (Max 65 W), or a SuperCharge GaN multiple-port charger (Max 66 W). You can use a non-E-mark USB-C to USB-C cable (such as a 3.3 A cable that comes with a Huawei laptop) or use a USB-A charger with a USB-A to USB-C cable to charge the earphones.
- For FreeBuds Studio, it's recommended that you use a 5 V/2 A or higher power adapter to charge the earphones for more than 15 minutes and then try again.
- Clean the metal contact points of the earphones and charging case. Place the earphones into the charging case and check whether the indicator turns on. If the indicator does not turn on, use a clean and dry cotton swab with pointed tips to gently wipe the charging contacts on the earphones and charging case to remove foreign objects or smudges. Do this until the indicator turns on.
Do not use a wet cloth or wipe excessively, as doing so may result in water damage to the earphones or distortion of the metallic contact points.
- Charge the earphones or charging case for more than 10 minutes. Place the earphones in the charging case and close the charging case. Charge the earphones and charging case for more than 10 minutes using the cable that came with your earphones.
If you are using FreeBuds Pro, charge the earphones for at least 10 minutes, remove the charging cable (regardless of whether the indicator is normal), open the charging case, and press and hold the Function button for at least 10 seconds until the indicator flashes to restore the earphones to their factory settings.
- View the charging status. After you connect the earphones to a phone or tablet, you can check the battery level change of the earphones or the charging case. If the issue is resolved, update the earphones firmware to the latest version, and fully charge the earphones and the charging case. If the issue persists, take your device and proof of purchase to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for assistance.
More related FAQs:
- HUAWEI FreeLace neckband earphones charge slowly, or don't charge at all
- The battery of the HUAWEI FreeBuds and FreeLace series earphones or the charging case drains quickly
- The battery level of the left and right earbuds of the HUAWEI FreeBuds isn't the same
- Unable to connect to or find the Bluetooth name of the HUAWEI FreeBuds or FreeLace
- Waterproof performance of the HUAWEI FreeBuds and FreeLace series earphones