The HUAWEI FreeLace series earphones charge slowly, or do not charge at all
|The HUAWEI FreeLace series earphones charge slowly, or do not charge at all|
For safety reasons, charge the earphones in an environment where the temperature is between 3°C and 45°C. If the temperature is significantly lower or higher, (i.e., below 0°C or over 47°C), you may find it more difficult to charge the earphones.
If the HUAWEI FreeLace series earphones charge slowly, or do not charge at all, perform the following steps:
- Check the charging connection. Make sure that the USB cable is securely connected to the charging case and USB power adapter. Then, make sure that the power adapter is plugged into the power socket properly.
Enable OTG: When using a phone or tablet to charge the earphones, you must use a device that supports reverse charging. Certain phone models are only able to charge the earphones after OTG has been enabled.
The steps to enable OTG on some phone models are outlined below:
- OnePlus 5/OnePlus 5T: Go to Settings > More > OTG data exchange.
- OPPO R17: Go to Settings > More > OTG connection.
- Vivo NEX A/vivo NEX S: Go to Settings > More > OTG.
- Clean the earphones. Open the charging port and check whether the port is dirty. If so, remove and re-insert the USB plug several times. Then, use a hair dryer to blow cold air to remove any remaining dirt from the USB plug, and try charging the earphones once again.
- Charge the earphones for more than 10 minutes using the cable that came with the earphones.
- Check the charging status. Connect the earphones to a phone or tablet to check the battery level. If the issue has been resolved and the battery level of the earphones is higher than 30%, update the earphones firmware to the latest version, and fully charge the earphones. If the issue persists, take the earphones and proof of purchase to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for assistance.