Unable to connect to or find the Bluetooth name of the HUAWEI FreeBuds or FreeLace
|Unable to connect to or find the Bluetooth name of the HUAWEI FreeBuds or FreeLace|
Follow the instructions to pair the HUAWEI FreeBuds and FreeLace Bluetooth earphones. If the earphones still cannot be found, cannot be connected to, or cannot automatically reconnect, refer to the following steps for troubleshooting:
- Ensure that your phone or tablet is running the latest system version and Bluetooth is enabled.
- If you are using the FreeBuds TWS earphones, place both earphones into the charging case, and leave the case open. If you are using the FreeLace or FreeBuds Studio earphones, press and hold the Function button for at least 2 seconds to power on the earphones.
Ensure that the earphones can be charged properly and that the battery level is above 30%. For more information, see View the battery level of the FreeBuds and FreeLace series Bluetooth earphones. If the earphones cannot be charged, troubleshoot the issue by following the instructions here.
- Go to PAIRED DEVICES list or MY DEVICES list. If yes, touch or next to the earphones name, and touch UNPAIR or Forget This Device. If the name of the current earphones is not displayed in the list, go to the next step. on your phone/tablet and check whether the name of the current earphones is displayed in the
- Press and hold the Function button for 10 seconds or longer until the indicator flashes to reset the earphones to their factory settings. The earphones will then enter Pairing mode.
- On your phone/tablet, go to Available devices or Other devices, and pair the earphones with your phone or tablet. , search for and find the earphones in the list of
- If the connection still fails, disable and re-enable Bluetooth on your phone/tablet, or restart your phone/tablet. Move your phone/tablet closer to the earphones so they are less than 10 meters away from each other and try again.
If the Bluetooth earphones can be connected, update the firmware to the latest version. For details, see the firmware and software update guide for earphones.
If the issue persists, take your earphones and proof of purchase to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for assistance.
- To pair a Huawei phone with your head unit, contact the car customer service or refer to the car guide.
- Learn more:
- Connect and pair non-Huawei Bluetooth earphones
- Unable to connect to or find the Huawei Bluetooth speaker
- How to connect a Huawei AI speaker to the Internet
- Huawei Bluetooth earphones disconnect from the phone or mute during a call or music playback
- The proximity pairing prompt does not appear when the HUAWEI FreeBuds are placed near a Huawei phone
- The selfie stick cannot connect to the phone
- Unable to connect the HUAWEI FreeBuds or FreeLace series earphones to a computer